RE: [z_scale] Digest Number 1196

  • Chris Sheldrake
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      I have been speaking to Jeremy and he has already posted me a unit to
      install in my briefcase layout.

      If I promise not to mention cars ( sorry, a certain other type of motorised
      transport ) will you accept the article from me ?

      Chris Sheldrake

      From: "Benjamin William Champley Waterhouse"
      <bwmc_waterhouse@...>
      2. Custom Briefcase Layout
      From: "cwsanger72" <cwsanger@...>
      3. Re: Custom Briefcase Layout
      From: "jmac_han" <jmac_han@...>
      4. Re: Custom Briefcase Layout
      From: John Cubbin <jcubbin@...>
      5. Reminder - November 15th is the annual "Bring your ...
      From: z_scale

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:28:58 -0000
      From: "Benjamin William Champley Waterhouse"
      <bwmc_waterhouse@...>
      Subject: Re: Wish List!

      1. British outline anything

      2/3. thats it really....

      You know I said I was going to do DB era III, however I think I am
      being drawn into Union Pacific....AZL....

      All the best
      Ben

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:02:36 -0000
      From: "cwsanger72" <cwsanger@...>
      Subject: Custom Briefcase Layout

      I am planning out making my own briefcase layout, but I am not sure
      how to do the power supply that runs off the 9 volt battery. The only
      eletrical experience I have is plugging things into outlets, changing
      light bulbs and turning things on. The idea that I have is to get a 9
      volt battery connection and then running to wires to the track, but
      between the battery connector and the track putting a dial that can
      control power and speed.

      Will this work? If not what will.

      CW

      Message: 3
      Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:15:53 -0000
      From: "jmac_han" <jmac_han@...>
      Subject: Re: Custom Briefcase Layout

      You're in luck, CW. Jeremy Brandon, of Joerger Systems, has just
      introduced an IC circuit that allows extraordinary slow speed control
      from a 9 volt battery. The unit is designed to fit inside the
      Marklin 9v battery pack but I'm sure that you could easily find a way
      to use it for your project.

      Perhaps Jeremy could explain how to adapt it to your needs. The 9v
      controller is available from Ztrack Magazine. ztrack @ aol.com

      BTW, we're looking for a volunteer to write a how-to article about
      putting the Joerger Systems 9v speed control to use. Are you
      interested?

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan
      "The Last Spike" Columnist, Ztrack Magazine

      --- In z_scale@y..., "cwsanger72" <cwsanger@h...> wrote:
      > I am planning out making my own briefcase layout, but I am not sure
      > how to do the power supply that runs off the 9 volt battery. The
      idea that I have is to get a 9
      > volt battery connection and then running to wires to the track, but
      > between the battery connector and the track putting a dial that can
      > control power and speed.
      >
      > Will this work? If not what will.
      >
      > CW

      Message: 4
      Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:23:08 -0500
      From: John Cubbin <jcubbin@...>

      Here's another approach for using a 9V battery as your power supply:

      http://www.fr-model.de/english/information_scratch_battery.htm

      John
      http://www.ztrains.com

      Message: 5
      Date: 1 Nov 2002 05:02:06 -0000
      From: z_scale
      Subject: Reminder - November 15th is the annual "Bring your ...

      November 15th is the annual "Bring your train to Work Day"

      Date: Friday, November 15, 2002
      Time: All Day

      November 15th is the annual "Bring your train to Work Day".
      What can you do to entertain your co-workers?

    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
        Certainly, Chris. We' d love to have you do an article. Jeremy
        and I have already discussed it so I'll just send you his ideas
        and you can take it from there. Any questions, just give me a
        shout.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey