Fwd: Re: Welcome to z_scale

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2002
      Hi Gang,

      I received a nice message from a new member, Thomas
      Cipelle.

      > Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 02:24:54 -0800 (PST)
      > From: thomas cipelle
      > Subject: Re: Welcome to z_scale

      It appears that you have a very nice empire under way.
      I took mine all up from mistakes I made with the
      track...troublesome slip switches, but have lots of
      items: signals, grade crossing, round house, turn
      table, 7 engines, 150 pieces of rolling stock, many
      Miller and other brass etched buildings, new Pennzee
      hoppers and reefers, complete set of Miller beer cars,
      a USSR car, a acome white car with rose on the side.
      I also have a special limited set from Brooks from
      back in the late 80,s.

      I am now hoping to get another layout down and running
      again. I have had fantastic luck with smaller layouts
      but I just seem to get into trouble with double slip
      switches.

      *********
      Thanks for the introduction, Thomas. I think most of
      us have run into trouble with double slip switches. I
      know I have and still am! There are several solutions
      to using the Marklin originals: 1. avoid them all
      together! 2. fix them using the tips found on David
      Karp's web site http://www.zscale.org, 3. replace them
      with Manfred Joerger's improved design. He can
      retrofit your existing double slip switches but you
      will no longer be able to install them on the surface
      of a baseboard. You must cut an opening for the
      turnout motor and mechanism which are installed
      underneath the double slip.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
    • David George
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2002
        to Manfred Joerger,
        Send me two double slip switches please and method of payment you require..
        I have a Maerklin on my G~B&CC that is now only "operated "by the finger and pick system.
        Thanks a bunch,
        David L. George
        Contact me directly at dlgeorgesr@...
        Jeffrey MacHan <jmac_han@...> wrote:Hi Gang,

        I received a nice message from a new member, Thomas
        Cipelle.

        > Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 02:24:54 -0800 (PST)
        > From: thomas cipelle
        > Subject: Re: Welcome to z_scale

        It appears that you have a very nice empire under way.
        I took mine all up from mistakes I made with the
        track...troublesome slip switches, but have lots of
        items: signals, grade crossing, round house, turn
        table, 7 engines, 150 pieces of rolling stock, many
        Miller and other brass etched buildings, new Pennzee
        hoppers and reefers, complete set of Miller beer cars,
        a USSR car, a acome white car with rose on the side.
        I also have a special limited set from Brooks from
        back in the late 80,s.

        I am now hoping to get another layout down and running
        again. I have had fantastic luck with smaller layouts
        but I just seem to get into trouble with double slip
        switches.

        *********
        Thanks for the introduction, Thomas. I think most of
        us have run into trouble with double slip switches. I
        know I have and still am! There are several solutions
        to using the Marklin originals: 1. avoid them all
        together! 2. fix them using the tips found on David
        Karp's web site http://www.zscale.org, 3. replace them
        with Manfred Joerger's improved design. He can
        retrofit your existing double slip switches but you
        will no longer be able to install them on the surface
        of a baseboard. You must cut an opening for the
        turnout motor and mechanism which are installed
        underneath the double slip.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey MacHan

        HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
        http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Jeremy Brandon
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 30, 2002
          --- In z_scale@y..., David George <dlgeorgesr@y...> wrote:
          > to Manfred Joerger,
          > Send me two double slip switches please and method of payment you
          require..
          > I have a Maerklin on my G~B&CC that is now only "operated "by the
          finger and pick system.
          > Thanks a bunch,

          Hello David. Manfred is not a member of the group, but I am his
          English assistant! I have just talked with him and he thanks you for
          your interest in his double slip conversion. There are a number of

          1. He can supply the double slip, or you can send him your existing
          ones to be converted.
          2. He can supply the switch motor, or you can fit your own.

          As to payment, I assume you are in the US. His prices are in euros,
          but a euro is almost exactly a US dollar. Folding money (dollar
          bills!) works best for him - he has no credit card facility.

          The prices are:

          Märklin #8560 double slip crossing - 20 USD (special price)

          Conversion - 20 USD

          Switch motor fitted - about 15 USD (at cost)

          Postage and packing - at cost

          Let me know what you require and we can take it further. Jeremy.
        • Jeffrey MacHan
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2003