Re: 8505 length

  • Jeremy Brandon
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2002
      --- In z_scale@y..., "Roger Shimada" <rogershimada@y...> wrote:
      > I was laying down some track recently and was getting quite irate
      at my inability to measure accurrately! After fixing my measurement
      problems I noticed problems with the used 8505s that I have. (Rails
      too long for the ties, as Nelson has previously posted about.) Even
      more annoying was the fact that they're a couple of millimeters
      shorter than two 8500s.

      > Are 8505s really supposed to be twice the length of 8500s?

      "Used 8505s"?? Could it be that your 8500s are also used? Could what
      you think is a 8500 (110 mm long) really be a 8507 (2.8 mm longer)?
      Might you also have a 8506 (1.4 mm shorter)? Just thinking aloud!

      But, yes, the 8505 (220 mm long) is twice the 8500, though there is
      one less tie on the 8505 (I'd never noticed that before).

      Jeremy.