Re: [z_scale] Re: speeders

  • zbendtrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 28, 2002
      Kim:

      > This is the first time I have seen a speeder, it is very cute. I
      > guess it will be, a little larger than a car, and it will make it a
      > very interesting thing to see it go around the track. Even a static
      > model will look good in a layout.

      If you will look at the pictures on the websites you sent in your email,
      you'll notice that they are close to the height of the men in the pictures.

      As big as a car? Well, some may have been, but I'd expect the vast majority
      of the orange or yellow "cubes" you saw in most of the web site pictures are
      closer to 6'x6'x'6' (2m-2m-2m) in size. Most only had seats for 2 folks and
      a few tools in the back. They were tiny.

      Also, notice those are NOT standard 33" or 36" wheels. Compare their
      diameter to the worker's shoes in the photos to give you some idea of now
      tiny they are.

      I'll see if I can't find some exact measurements in the back issues of
      magazines. Alternately, there is a restored one here in town, I may get a
      chance to measure up for you.

      Regards,
      Bill K.
      Houston

    • rvn20012000
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 28, 2002
        Hello Group,

        I just downloaded 2 floppy disks of speeder pics. There is apparently
        a group of people who restore, modify, and race speeders. Reynard,
        they have a picture of a crane and a "rail grinder" in addition to
        all types of speeders. This link should get you to the site
        http://www.members.shaw.ca/abmotor/

        Enjoy,
        Thom

        PS. Reynard, if you want, I can send you some of the pics.