Wish List!

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
      OK, it's maybe a little early for Christmas but it's never too early
      to dream about the wonderful things that we'd like to see produced
      in "Z".

      So, here's a little question to help take your minds off of other
      things: What are the 'top' 3 things that you would like to add to
      your "Z" empire?

      Don't be shy. We're in dream mode here!

      **********

      Hmmm...what would I like to find under the Xmas tree?

      Normally my first wish would for be my all-time personal favorite
      locomotive, an EMD GP9. But hey, I wished for that last year so I'll
      try something else this time 'round.

      1. here's an easy one, a drop on replacement shell for the Marklin 0-
      8-0 that reproduces a typical USRA style switcher...not a kitbashed
      Pacific! (I may end up doing this project myself anyway)

      2. a fleet of 1940's and 50's automobiles and trucks. My layout
      looks a little strange with transition era motive power and 1980's
      vehicles! Yikes, I will have to do some automobile bashing!

      3. speeders and lineside buildings (sheds, signal boxes, culverts
      and other North American style details.

      OK, you manufacturers out there, I'm waiting!

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey
    • The Prez
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
        My Z-list:

        1. Italian railways rolling stocks (FS/Trenitalia)

        2. A Milwaukee Road Hood Unit

        3. US style depots, large pax stations, freight yard and sideline accessories for the diesel era

        Alex

        --
        Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

        Sponsor:
        Nessun'idea per un regalo? Da noi troverai novità preziose ogni giorno.
        Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=773&d=25-10

      • Robert Volkovitsch
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
          Jeffrey,

          Great topic, and one even a newbie such as myself can
          participate in! My three would be.

          1. An expanded choice of new structure kits. I'm modelling Era V
          Switzerland, but I think we would all like to see more structure
          kits available no matter what form they took. Even the new Kibri
          kits, though nice, contain many recycled bits. (Those new gravel
          trucks look great though.)

          2. A full line of engine shells. I know I'm opening up a can of
          worms here, but my funds for Z are limited and I can't drop $150
          to $200 everytime I want a new SBB 460. As there are relatively
          few chassis in the Marklin engine line, I'd love a manufacturer to
          offer shells with various paint schemes at a reasonable cost.
          Being able to add a new looking loco my layout for less than $50
          would really be nice.

          3. My last choice would be a book devoted to Z scale track plans
          and scenery ideas. I realize that scenery tips from other scales
          can be used and there are some track books (such as Marklin's
          0294 in German and the reprinted 0292A) but I think Z has come
          a long way since these were created. I see wonderfull ideas and
          realizations here in Z_scale and I think a full color book on our
          preferred scale is due.

          Well those are my wishes. Somewhat general, but I like them. I
          look forward to seeing what others have to say.

          Robert Volkovitsch

          --- In z_scale@y..., "jmac_han" <jmac_han@y...> wrote:
          > OK, it's maybe a little early for Christmas but it's never too
          early
          > to dream about the wonderful things that we'd like to see
          produced
          > in "Z".
          >
          > So, here's a little question to help take your minds off of other
          > things: What are the 'top' 3 things that you would like to add to
          > your "Z" empire?
          >
          > Don't be shy. We're in dream mode here!
          >
          > **********
        • John Cubbin
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
            I'd like to see a very compact and reliable actuator or ground throw to
            compliment Peter Wright's turnouts:

            http://www.ztrains.com/wright/turnout.html

            John
            http://www.ztrains.com
          • jmac_han
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
              Wow! Nice plug, John. I couldn't have done better myself but the
              game is to wish for three things and you can't ask for three
              ground throws to compliment Peter Wright's turnouts !!! ;-)

              Cheers,
              Jeffrey

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
                I hope that you get your wishes, Robert. The multiple shell idea
                is attractive especially if someone can get their hands on a
                couple of bins of Marklin's unpainted shells. I don't think any
                major manufacturer will sell prepainted shells but, hey, we're
                just making wishes, right?

                The book idea has been batted around the house here. My wife
                wants me to do one 'cause she likes me to read my writing to
                her. She says it puts her to sleep! Is that good or bad?

                Cheers,
                Jeffrey

                --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Volkovitsch" <volk@i...> wrote:
                > Jeffrey,
                >
                > Great topic, and one even a newbie such as myself can
                > participate in! My three would be.
                >
                > 3. My last choice would be a book devoted to Z scale track
                plans
                > and scenery ideas. I see wonderfull ideas and
                > realizations here in Z_scale and I think a full color book on our
                > preferred scale is due.
                >
                > Robert Volkovitsch
              • M. Gottschalch
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
                  jmac_han wrote:

                  > The book idea has been batted around the house here. My wife
                  > wants me to do one 'cause she likes me to read my writing to
                  > her. She says it puts her to sleep! Is that good or bad?

                  UMM AAahh It,,, yes it's good Jeffrey. Yes just tell yourself, it's
                  good. :-)
                  --
                  Manfred
                • Duncan DuClos
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
                    Seeing as we have catenary available, I'd love to see a GG-1 (in PRR markings, of course!).

                    Duncan
                    ChicagoGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

                  • Pete
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
                      > So, here's a little question to help take your minds off of other
                      > things: What are the 'top' 3 things that you would like to add to
                      > your "Z" empire?
                      >
                      > Don't be shy. We're in dream mode here!

                      Ok, if it's items I would like to add...

                      A proper locomotive for my passenger cars (already made but not
                      affordable yet with other expenses)

                      A loging train of good length.

                      Enough track to complete all of the ideas I have :-)
                      OK I know the track many be practical if bought over time, but
                      expense does count and at times I just wish I could have enough
                      crossovers, switches, track on hand at one time to complete both my
                      home layout I an working on as well as the portable ones I have been
                      working on designing. Thankfully I do have enough for one of the
                      portables and am working on that now. If that wish had to be replaced
                      I would like to see a variety of business district buildings that are
                      fairly inexpensive so kitbashing can be done without guilt.
                      Pete Shatswell
                      Night Owl Railways
                    • Han Reiter
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
                        Wish List:A. local valley train sets[ Elztal/ im Breisgau;Emmentalerbahn/CH]
                        B.Nice pamphlet with step-by-step colour layouts
                        C.Stronger locs
                        The Prez <alextrov@...> wrote:My Z-list:

                        1. Italian railways rolling stocks (FS/Trenitalia)

                        2. A Milwaukee Road Hood Unit

                        3. US style depots, large pax stations, freight yard and sideline accessories for the diesel era

                        Alex

                        --
                        Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

                        Sponsor:
                        Nessun'idea per un regalo? Da noi troverai novit� preziose ogni giorno.
                        Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=773&d=25-10

                        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                      • de Champeaux Dominique
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
                          OK, as we are in the wish list, I replicate the one I
                          had on latest year:
                          1- modern era high capacity tank car (Jeffrey White,
                          we need you!)
                          2- grain hopper
                          3- covered cement soda/ash hopper
                          4- modern covered tri-level autorack (Harald, have you
                          got something in progress?)
                          Cheers
                          Dominique

                        • de Champeaux
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 25, 2002
                            --- In z_scale@y..., de Champeaux Dominique <ddechamp71@y...> wrote:
                            > OK, as we are in the wish list, I replicate the one I
                            > had on latest year:
                            > 1- modern era high capacity tank car (Jeffrey White,
                            > we need you!)
                            > 2- grain hopper
                            > 3- covered cement soda/ash hopper
                            > 4- modern covered tri-level autorack (Harald, have you
                            > got something in progress?)
                            > Cheers
                            > Dominique

                            Sorry Jeffrey, I had overshooted your message....So if you want us to
                            select 3 items, I would keep items 1, 2 and 4 first!
                            (But further in the future I would need item 3....)
                            Cheers
                            Dominique
                          • Benjamin William Champley Waterhouse
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 31, 2002
                              1. British outline anything

                              2/3. thats it really....

                              You know I said I was going to do DB era III, however I think I am
                              being drawn into Union Pacific....AZL....

                              All the best
                              Ben