Re: [z_scale] Alternative loco types to F7

  • Bill Hoshiko
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2000
      Dieter,

      I did not mean to ignore you.

      Your message caused me to have an image in my mind of a Santa Fe FP45.

      I knew that somewhere in my files I had pictures of one.

      I finally found it. A color picture of Santa Fe FP45 No. 5992 in Santa
      Fe "War Bonnet" freight colors of blue and yellow, pulling a special 7
      car passenger train in 1984.

      This could be a fine Z scale locomotive with plenty of room for a 10 mm
      motor.

      Thank you for jogging my memory.

      My preference for a new Z scale locomotive is still an Alco PA-1 in
      Daylight colors. I saw it almost daily pulling the San Joaquin Daylight
      along San Fernando Road heading for Los Angeles. I never thought to
      photograph it.

      Bill
      El Toro