New member intro

  • Hawk
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2000
      Hi!

      I'm a 37 years old "relapsed" model railroader from Sweden.

      I grew up with a Märklin HO layout (approx. 100 x 200 cm),
      that my two brothers created.

      I sort of inherited the layout when they left home to start
      their life's of their own.

      Later I built a wall mounted, 2-rail dc layout (approx. 50 x 400 cm).

      Both these layouts where built after swedish prototype.

      In 1994 I bought a Märklin Z starter set (8800 loco with three cars).

      During the years to come, I often dreamed of creating a
      permanent layout.

      Last year when I met the girl of my dreams... I told her
      about my old dreams of creating a layout... and as the angel she is
      she supported me in fulfilling them.

      About that time I came in contact with eBay and some "online"
      hobby stores that made it possible for me to expand my "collection"
      of engines and cars.

      Today I have 8 engines and 29 cars... and before I continue
      with my purchases, I must create a "cat hair/dust proof"
      table to accommodate my layout.

      The layout consists of a "mainline" running through 4 tunnels and
      one bridge in a form of a "hidden" eight divided in 4 blocks that
      are controlled by a home made electronical device that "feels"
      the appearance of an engine in the block ahead of the train,
      and makes it slow down until the block ahead is free again.

      That makes it possible to run two or three trains simultaneously
      without taking too much of my attention.

      Instead I will concentrate on switching operations at the station area
      that will be 5 tracks wide and include a total of 14 switches/turnouts,
      and one homemade turntable.

      Well I must stop babble.... the hours is late... time for bed.

      I will show the progress in creating my Z-scale layout on this address:

      http://switch.to/mini-club

      Best Regards
      Håkan Carlsson - Sweden
    • Jay & Anne Greer
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2000
        Hello Hawk,
        Wilkommen til z list.
        Jay Greer/Der Wegmann

        > From: Hawk <hakan.carlsson@...>
        > Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 18:20:07 +0100
        > To: z_scale@onelist.com
        > Subject: [z_scale] New member intro
        >
        > From: Hawk <hakan.carlsson@...>
        >
        > Hi!
        >
        > I'm a 37 years old "relapsed" model railroader from Sweden.
        >
        > I grew up with a Märklin HO layout (approx. 100 x 200 cm),
        > that my two brothers created.
        >
        > I sort of inherited the layout when they left home to start
        > their life's of their own.
        >
        > Later I built a wall mounted, 2-rail dc layout (approx. 50 x 400 cm).
        >
        > Both these layouts where built after swedish prototype.
        >
        > In 1994 I bought a Märklin Z starter set (8800 loco with three cars).
        >
        > During the years to come, I often dreamed of creating a
        > permanent layout.
        >
        > Last year when I met the girl of my dreams... I told her
        > about my old dreams of creating a layout... and as the angel she is
        > she supported me in fulfilling them.
        >
        > About that time I came in contact with eBay and some "online"
        > hobby stores that made it possible for me to expand my "collection"
        > of engines and cars.
        >
        > Today I have 8 engines and 29 cars... and before I continue
        > with my purchases, I must create a "cat hair/dust proof"
        > table to accommodate my layout.
        >
        > The layout consists of a "mainline" running through 4 tunnels and
        > one bridge in a form of a "hidden" eight divided in 4 blocks that
        > are controlled by a home made electronical device that "feels"
        > the appearance of an engine in the block ahead of the train,
        > and makes it slow down until the block ahead is free again.
        >
        > That makes it possible to run two or three trains simultaneously
        > without taking too much of my attention.
        >
        > Instead I will concentrate on switching operations at the station area
        > that will be 5 tracks wide and include a total of 14 switches/turnouts,
        > and one homemade turntable.
        >
        > Well I must stop babble.... the hours is late... time for bed.
        >
        > I will show the progress in creating my Z-scale layout on this address:
        >
        > http://switch.to/mini-club
        >
        > Best Regards
        > Håkan Carlsson - Sweden

        > GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as 2.9%
        >
        > CraZy 'bout Zee!

      • haybros
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2003
          I am new to the group, thanks for letting me join.
          I am always interested in ideas and discussion of available products
          in Z.
          I look forward to learning more about the world of Z scale.
          Bill Hay
        • ztrack@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 13, 2003
            Welcome Bill!

            Keep up the great loads. Your new line of Pennzee hopper loads are
            incredible!

            Rob Kluz

            Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
            6142 Northcliff Blvd.
            Dublin, OH 43016
            Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
            www.ztrack.com

          • Leeinak
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 19, 2003
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "haybros" <haybros@m...> wrote:
              > I am new to the group, thanks for letting me join.
              > I am always interested in ideas and discussion of available
              products
              > in Z.
              > I look forward to learning more about the world of Z scale.
              > Bill Hay

              Welcome Bill---I received my recent order of coal, cinders, gravel,
              coke, limestone, etc. loads. These really look great in the PennZee
              Hoppers! Super detail. Glad to see you produce more new 'Z'
              stuff! Thanks for your contributions to the scale....Lee