RE: [z_scale] Z scale events

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2002
      --- Rick & Patsy Duncan <trainman@...> a
      écrit : > Dominique,

      > If you are going to go as far as Bakersfield, make
      > sure you stop at
      > Tehachapi Loop, one of the engineering marvels of
      > railroading.
      >
      > Rick

      Thanks a lot Rick! Actually I spend some railfanning
      time at Tehachapi loop EVERY time I go to L.A.! And
      indeed I entered Z scale modelrairoading with a fixed
      idea: to reproduce a SCALE sample of this marvel: the
      available space in my house for my future layout
      (first spike to be put in the next close winter) drove
      me to choose Z scale, as I don't want any selective
      compression for this (I really want to operate 80 or
      90 car trains to see them "bite their tail"), even if
      I'll have some on the other characteristic locations
      I'll have on my layout: Caliente, Allard, Bealville,
      Woodford and Tehachapi.
      Best regards
      Dominique from sunny Paris, France