AZL E8s on Cover page

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2002
      Hi Gang,

      Svein-Martin Holt was soooooo enthusiastic about his gleaming, or
      should I say, sparkling new AZL E8 A+B diesels that I had to take a
      look at his photo. Well, he has every right to be, the set is drop-
      dead gorgeous.

      Now to be honest, I thought that the Union Pacific unit that I had
      the opportunity to run in St. Louis was by far the most
      impressive "Z" scale loco I had ever laid eyes upon...but Svein-
      Martin votes for his Santa Fe set. ;-)

      I think that it is safe to say that the locomotives being produced by
      American Z Lines are veritable works of art...that look even better
      at the head of a long freight or passenger train gliding around a
      layout.

      ******
      Warning: The following is a poorly disguised commercial for the
      VECRR!

      The last Cover page image was the logo of the American Railroadfans
      in Switzerland convention that just wrapped up in Zurich. Although
      there was no "Z" scale at this year's edition, we plan to rectify
      that at the 13th convention in October 2004 when Terry Sutfin and I
      will join our Swiss friends, run the Val Ease Central and promote "Z"
      scale. Be sure to mark the date on your calendars and come join us
      if you can.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan
      Chief publicist - Val Ease Central RR