Re: [z_scale] Re: moving cars in Z-scale?

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 8, 2002
      Hello Alisbuna,

      Yes, it is possible and I am sure that such items
      are being considered by those that have access to
      this technology. But I am certain that such an outfit
      is also looking at spreadsheets and comparing
      Development Cost vs. Retail Market Share.

      Personally, I probably won't be able to afford them.

      Best regards and good luck,
      Rey Wellman

      alisbuna wrote:

      > I have been thinking about this for some time. It seems to me that
      > all technological issues are already achieved. The Japanese already
      > made very tiny cars moving over a coin.
      > The nanotechnology could help on making very small programmable cars
      > or remotely controlled.
      > The biggest of them could be in z-scale.
      > There are lots of moving possibilities in a z-scale layout. If
      > "they"
      > begin producing small things remotely controlled in a large scale,
      > the small moving cars will be a kind in a universe of new gadgets.
      >
      > Moving cars, lots of small LED's, working cranes and so on.
      >
      > I think therefore I am.
      >
      > -ab

      > DoseZ!

    • Stuart Firth
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 8, 2002
        The active word is 'YET'.

        Regards,

        Stuart

      • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 20, 2002
          Dear Björn,

          yes, it is possible to show trucks or buses, i.e. larger vehicles (no cars),
          moving around on the roads of your layout.
          I saw this on two layouts at exhibitions in Cologne and Dortmund in Germany.

          There is an article on pages 26 and 27 with nice pictures in the issue 2/2002 of
          the Z-Info, a publication of the Z Club 92.
          Sorry, I have no technical means to send to you the article and pictures via
          e-mail.
          Please, either try to get hold of a copy from a member of Z Club 92 in your area
          or get to the home page of the club: http://www.zclub92.com

          I send a copy of this e-mail to Arnim v. Herff, a member of the editorial staff
          of this publication. He may contact you or help you, if possible.

          Regards

          Dieter

          Björn Aadnöy schrieb:
          > Has anybody tried to make the tiny z-cars moving? It would be nice to
          > discuss different ideas on this - it would shure ad a extra spice to
          > a layout.

          Dieter W. Nolte
          E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...