New Start

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2002
      Hi all,

      Im living in Berlin and am thinking about starting a Z gauge layout,
      mainy because its easy to get over here, and the layout shouldn't be
      too big to take back to the UK.

      What i was wondering is can anybody advise me on the size of board I
      might need. I would like to have a double track oval, with each track
      splitting into 2 through a 4 platform station at the front of the
      board, and the platforms being able to stand about 6 coaches on them.
      On the other side I want 3 sidings splitting into the middle of the
      board, i hope this makes sence??

      If somebody could advise me on a rough estimate of the board I would
      really appreciate it.

      Thanks

      Ben
    • zbendtrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2002
        Ben:

        > If somebody could advise me on a rough estimate of the board I would
        > really appreciate it.

        Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Take a look at these commercially
        available layouts and their sizes. Perhaps that will give you some ideas of
        what looks good in different size baseboards.

        http://www.iblproducts.com/layouts.htm

        Bill K.
        Houston