Re: Questions, questions...

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2002
      Continuing on the "Does that work" theme...

      I also get many "Does the turntable work?" and "How do you put the
      trains on the track?" or it's corollary, "How do you keep the trains
      on the track?"

      Jeffrey

      --- In z_scale@y..., "bean51ca" <chriscam@s...> wrote:
      I find there is one big question asked by non-model railroaders
      > when they see my little locomotives.
      >
      > "Do those actually run???"
      >
      > Then they get a look of absolute fascination on their face as I
      > explain that yup, they run quite well and give them a quick demo. I
      > guess while most model-railroaders have heard of Z or seen it
      > somewhere in a magazine, others are just still amazed at how
      > something so small can have a working motor in it.
      >
      > Chris
    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2002
        Just got back from a wonderful train meet in Calgary, Alberta. The
        shipping crate that I built for Val Ease West did it's job
        perfectly. Now I know I can ship the layout as checked baggage if
        necessary.

        There were at least a dozen enthusiastic "z" scalers at the meet who
        were excited by the news that there are other fanatics out there.
        The questions that were asked the most often were:

        "Where can you find Z items that won't bankrupt you?"
        Of course I suggested that they join Z_Scale and connect with our
        highly regarded vendors.

        "Wouldn't it be nice if we had DCC for "Z" scale?"
        Imagine their surprise when I explained that there is a growing
        interest in Z-DCC and that decoders are available for our locomotives.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey MacHan
        Chief Imagineer - VECRR