Collision ?!

  • WBolt1809@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 1999
      Dear Simon !
      Hello, Zers of the "1:220"-world-unite !

      Although in the internet there are quite a lot of "things" handled in a very
      liberate manor, I would be the LAST to try to take away from YOU the title of
      "zman", as you have fixed it in your email-address - you deserve and shall
      keep this "title" !!!

      ... and although I have named myself on my homepage and elseware "Z-Man" - I
      would like to give back to you this "title" and no longer call myself the
      same way...

      This is, too, due to quite some people, who seem - at least - to be be
      confused about this "title" connected to my person - mostly those who at
      least have a non-favourable connection to me personally ...

      My personal positive and friendly attitude towards YOU remains absolutely
      untouched - nearly needless to express this !!!

      Best regards
      - Wolfgang -
    • Jacob Munkhammar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 1999
        About z-men.

        I do not know if this really has anything to do on this list, but--lacking
        better judgment--I post it here.

        I feel *anyone* can be a "zman" or a "z-man", as much as any one can be a
        man (any male can, anyway). Or any man can be called Jacob, Wolfgang, or
        whatever.
        Just drop the exclusive "the" in "the z-man", and there is no problem.

        If I recall correctly, Simon has called his Z-modelling friends in Hong
        Kong "z-men", and, honestly, we are all little z-men (and, I hope, little
        z-women), aren't we?

        I have no problem with that anyway.

        /Jacob (one of many z-men)

        PS. I promise, this is my only post on this matter on the list.

        - - - Jacob Munkhammar - - - jacob@... - - -
        - ARCHITECTURE - DESIGN - COMP.SOFTWARE - WRITING -
        mail: Arkitekt Christies gate 4b, N-7012 Trondheim, Norway
        www: http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~jacob/
      • Simon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 30, 1999
          Dear Jacob, Wolfgang and Z fellows

          I chose the e-mail address "zman" when I started surfing 4 years ago because I
          think it is kind of cool : Simon - zman and I am actually in the Z scale ;^P

          I also use the call sign "zman" in many discussion groups, message boards,
          mailing lists of my other hobbies...

          I have no objection to Wolfgang's "Z-man" at all and I think Jacob got a very
          good point here, we are all zmen, z-women....

          have a nice Zeekend
          zman out