Re: Hello from Brazil

  • zthek
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 24, 2002
      --- In z_scale@y..., "Patricia L.R. Delai" <patriciadelai@u...> wrote:

      > > Let me tell you what I want to do. My husband have a little z
      > locomotive from marklin since he was 8 years old...

      Welcome to the 1:220 scaled down version of our childhood dreams.
      To see more European landscape, you can log on www.LThek.com ,
      also you can find access to Z_ring (more layouts, products, ideas...).
      Need more help? Z scale forum is the place.
      Good Luck,
      Lajos
    • FR.model@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 25, 2002
        It is a nice idea to put a Z-scale layout in a coffee table.
        If you do it to have a fun train design what ever you like.
        If you intent to give the layout a prototypical apperance consider the most important rules
        for a model track plan:

        1) Never place tracks parallel to the layout's edges (except modules).
        2) The transition from a straight track to a tight curve is never suddenly (transition radius)
        Best is flex track.
        3) Don't put too much track at a small area.
        4) Don't give the layout the apperance that the landscape is shaped around the railway.
        Railway engeneers design the railway into an existing landscape.
        5) Consider the most important design rules for incline, tunnels and bridges from the
        prototype. Consider openings for long tunnels to gain access in case of accidents.

        This should be considered before you lay the first track. Later is too late. I agree that it
        is not easy to consider all these points of view especially for small layouts but it is possible. All my Z-scale layouts are smaller than 1 square meter but it takes me some weeks
        to plan in it in detail before I do the first craftsmen job.

        Have fun with your Z-trains,
        Harald

        --
        FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK