A call for Z scale

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2002
      I received a call today from Ken Jackson of Forest Grove, Oregon. He is
      organizing a model train show that will be held on September 21. He has asked
      for more information on Z scale to distribute during the event. He has also
      asked if I knew of anyone that has a portable Z scale layout that would be
      willing to display during the show. I can handle the literature, but not the
      layout. If anyone in the Pacific Northwest is interested, Ken can be reached
      at (503) 351-6432 (day) and (503) 357-8753 (evening). Apparently, he is
      getting a lot of request for information on Z scale, thus the call for more Z
      specific items. Thanks!

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
      www.ztrack.com

    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2002
        Hi Rob,

        I have Terry Sutfin sitting next to me here in Montreal and he says
        that he will be back home in Vancouver, WA on September 11. He`ll
        give Ken a phone call then and see what he can do to have his layout
        at the show.

        Don`t forget the pdf file in the Files-Promote section that David
        Karp put together to promote "Z" scale. Mr. Jackson can print out
        the flyer and distribute them at his show.

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey

        PS: no Ztrack in Montreal yet.

      • ztrack@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2002
          Thanks Terry and Jeffrey! I have a copy of David's PDF and plan on printing a
          few copies for Mr. Jackson.

          Rob

          Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016
          Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
          www.ztrack.com

        • Jim & Bertie
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2002
            Hi Jeffrey & Rob:

            I have Willie sitting next to me here in Redmond (WA) and he says tell
            the boys what is going on in the NORTHWEST PACIFIC Z SCALERS. Newly
            organized in August, we have just released info to ZTRACK , GRAB IRON &
            others. President is Maj. Robert (Bob) Grant, Sec-Treas. is Andy
            Hunting, who is also an Ambassador for Z. I have included relevant
            addresses on Cc: line.

            Jim Glass
            15849 NE 92 Way
            Redmond, WA 98052-7527
            "Founder" & VP, NORTHWEST PACIFIC Z SCALERS.

            P.S. Willie is my Maine Coon cat. Address is for Rob for any literature
            available for our next meeting this month. Bob can also claim to be a
            "founder" as he joined me from day one and pushed me to do more than
            just talk about Z :-) Andy has been a close second "founder" and pusher.
            I would start naming names! Almost forgot the original pusher, Terry
            Sutfin. For those interested in organizing a Z club, our "Push" took
            about 6 months with interested people like the aforementioned names plus
            help from our 4th Division. My apologies for those whom I have failed to
            include in this tale. Oops. Forgot to mention the local dealers who
            helped with publicity early on.

            --- In z_scale@y..., ztrack@a... wrote:
            > I received a call today from Ken Jackson of Forest Grove, Oregon.
            He is
            > organizing a model train show that will be held on September 21. He
            has asked
            > for more information on Z scale to distribute during the event. He
            has also
            > asked if I knew of anyone that has a portable Z scale layout that
            would be
            > willing to display during the show. I can handle the literature,
            but not the
            > layout. If anyone in the Pacific Northwest is interested, Ken can
            be reached
            > at (503) 351-6432 (day) and (503) 357-8753 (evening). Apparently,
            he is
            > getting a lot of request for information on Z scale, thus the call
            for more Z
            > specific items. Thanks!
            >
            > Rob Kluz
            >
            > Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
            > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
            > Dublin, OH 43016
            > Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
            > www.ztrack.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2303158.3720906.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1706
            533816:HM/A=810373/R=0/*http:/geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2303158.3720906.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1706
            533816:HM/A=810373/R=1/*http:/geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>

            "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in Small
            DoseZ!

          • ztrack@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 8, 2002
              Jim,

              Congratulations on the group. I am so excited for you guys. I know the
              Pacific Northwest is a strong region for Z scale so you should find a large
              following quickly. Please let me know what I can do to help you along. One
              idea which I have done in the past is to mail announcements to subscribers in
              your region. The cost of course would be on us! Also, I have added you to our
              club list in the magazine. I do have some literature from Märklin on Z scale
              and will be happy to send out some extra copies.

              Please keep us informed on your progression. Also, if you have a meeting
              schedule, let me know. We will publish this as well. Take care,

              Rob Kluz

              Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
              6142 Northcliff Blvd.
              Dublin, OH 43016