Latest Ztrack

  • emato
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2002
      Just received the latest issue of Ztrack and once again it's a great issue!
      I really enjoyed "The Progression" from the "Building a Z Scale Coffee Table
      Layout" article -- it's always helpful to see layouts 'in progress' when you
      are 'new'!

      Nice review of the NTS in Ft. Laud. -- my one complaint -- Jeffrey, I NEVER
      should have let you use that dreadful picture!!! ;-) Seriously, it was
      really great getting to meet and talk to so many z scale folks. We learned a
      lot and became even more inspired!!! [read need to spend even MORE money]

      We even had a 'private class' on how to make tress! Thanks Jeffrey! We
      learned a lot about making 'other than z scale' things work on the layout -
      and look fantastic! from Roger Houser (Dallas, Garland and Mesquite Railway
      Systems). All in all we met so many great people and had lots of fun. For
      once, a train show in our own neighborhood!

      karin

      ---
    • RSmidt@mindspring.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2002
        Karin,

        I'm sorry I missed you at NTS. I didn't realize how many people I had not met
        until the new issue of ZTrack came out.

        I was just curious if you had heard about the new Z group/club that some
        people were interested in forming in that area of Florida? I didn't get the
        names of who was working on it, but Rob Kluz or Mitch Brownstein might be able
        to point you in the right direction. (Mitch are you on this list yet?) I
        think Billy Roden and Bill Kronenberger might have talked to them as well.

        Being around other Z-Scalers has really helped me get started over the last
        year. If it weren't for this list and finding someone local to me (thanks Rob
        A.!) I would still just be running my starter set around my coffee table
        rather than working on my first two modules.

        Have Fun,
        Randy Smidt
        Washington, DC
        (yeah Rob, I know, I live in Virginia)