Re: Noch Briefcase Layout?

  • wildger2001
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2002
      I presumed that you were asking about the 100% already made briefcast
      layout, and not the ones which you have to add in the tracks and
      building. My only experience is the 88091 which I owned. Since all
      these layouts are made by hands. The quality really depends on the
      person who makes them. Generally, the quality is very good until you
      look with a magnifying glass for the details. They are not perfect. I
      feel that the Marklin counterpart is better. The picture does not show
      everything. Even with the simple layout in 88091. The two loops have
      an incline which makes a small loco difficult to run sometimes.
      I actually post a detailed review on this forum on the Noch 88091. For
      reasons unclear, I cannot find it anymore, probably deleted by the
      owner. I am known to have a "bad" altitude.
      Please give me an email if you have further questions. It is hard to
      re-type all my comments again on the Noch layout.
    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2002
        A search of the message archive using wildger2001 as the
        keyword brought up several references to Noch layouts. The
        following link seems to lead to the message that you are
        referring to:

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey MacHan

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2002
          NO. There is another message I posted sometimes ago regarding the Noch
          88091. It came in two parts. They could not be found. At that time,
          there was some problem with Yahoo. Any messages were delayed in
          posting and I have never seen mine.
        • Frank Daniels
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2002
            I wouldn't call your experiences with the Noch layouts
            bad attitude, but there are certain layouts by Noch
            that can be trying for locos (Sonnenalpe).

            This is why the Tirol (summer version is Tessin) was
            created. Noch wished to remove harsh grades and tight
            radii. That is the word directly from Noch to me when
            they introduced the Tirol in February 2002.

            I have a few of the cases in stock (not the Tirol case,
            but I do have Tessin/Tirol bare boards) and have actually
            run one. The locos run quite well on these layouts from
            my experience.

            Frank Daniels
            z.scale.hobo