Swiss Ae 6/6 locomotive: 50 years of rail service on Sept 4 2002

  • battersea_sidings
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2002
      Just a quick note for those of you interested in modelling the Swiss
      rail scene in Z to let you know that today, Sept 4 2002, the class Ae
      6/6 celebrates 50 years in operation on Swiss rails.

      Marklin introduced a pleasing model of the Ae 6/6 to the Z scale
      range in 1984, though unfortunately the class has been out of
      production since 1999 (shame that Marklin missed out on providing us
      with a limited production run for the occasion).

      More information and pics if you're interested:
      http://www.wymann.info/SBB_miniclub/Ae66-50y.html
      http://www.wymann.info/SBB_miniclub/Ae66.html
      http://www.wymann.info/SBB_miniclub

      cheers,
      Adrian Wymann
    • John Engbers
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2002
        I have two in Marklin z, a red one and a green one, slightly used. 150 apiece.
        Regards, John
        Engbers
        Just a quick note for those of you interested in modelling the Swiss
        rail scene in Z to let you know that today, Sept 4 2002, the class Ae
        6/6 celebrates 50 years in operation on Swiss rails.

        Marklin introduced a pleasing model of the Ae 6/6 to the Z scale
        range in 1984, though unfortunately the class has been out of
        production since 1999 (shame that Marklin missed out on providing us
        with a limited production run for the occasion).

        More information and pics if you're interested:
        http://www.wymann.info/SBB_miniclub/Ae66-50y.html
        http://www.wymann.info/SBB_miniclub/Ae66.html
        http://www.wymann.info/SBB_miniclub

        cheers,
        Adrian Wymann

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • M. Gottschalch
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2002
          Anybody have an old used body for an Ae6/6. Or for that matter one that
          doesn't run anymore. Tnis is for a scratch build project.
          --
          Manfred G.
        • zthek
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2002
            --- In z_scale@y..., "M. Gottschalch" <megott@u...> wrote:
            > Anybody have an old used body for an Ae6/6...

            I can send you a red shell with defective paint on the roof, contact
            me: Olaj1@...
            Lajos
          • M. Gottschalch
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 11, 2002
              Thank you Lajos, That would be great. Color doesn't matter and the roof
              will be covered anyway. Let me know what you want for it and what your
              address is and I'll send it.
              --
              Manfred G.