New Digitrax stuff for Z layouts

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2002
      Hi Gang,

      Here are a couple of photos that I took at the Digitrax booth at
      NTS2002. There were two newsworthy items on display.

      First, there is a new smaller decoder available for Z locos. It is
      the DZ143 model. You can see it for yourself in the following
      jpeg in comparison with the larger N and HO scale decoders. I
      believe that several of our fellow members have already had the
      chance to work with these decoders.

      The same images can be found in the Z_Scale "Photos" area at
      the very end of the list of albums.

      The next item of interest is a new hybrid DCC throttle which is
      targeted for the small analog layout market such as those of us
      using 2 or 3 throttles to control our layouts. This throttle was
      developed in partnership with Kato of Japan for the Japanese
      set-track market. The unique aspect of the Zephyr is the ability to
      plug 1 or 2 standard throttles into the Zephyr and to be able to
      control analog and DCC locos on the same layout with no need
      to scrap the existing wiring and power packs.

      The Digitrax rep approached me to suggest that the Val Ease
      Central RR would be a good candidate for the Zephyr since I
      have 3 throttles on the layout. He even offered me a 20%
      discount as a Digitrax demonstrator at train shows.

      The throttle and power supply are expected to retail in the $195
      US range and will be available this Fall (September-October
      target). The throttle can be purchased without the power supply
      for $165 US or there abouts.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan
      Chief Imagineer - Val Ease Central Railroad

      P.S. I'm still thinking about their offer...