RE: [z_scale] Big problem - Business 101

  • Robert Allbritton
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2002
      I know it doesn't help now, but my rules for buying are fairly simple:

      Use a credit card when you can - you can dispute the charge and get our
      money back if you do not receive the goods. PayPal works just about as well.

      Second choice is by check. Once they cash the check, the money is gone, but
      you can stop it before they cash it.

      Use air for overseas deliveries. In many cases the rates are not that much
      higher (about $12), you get your packages in less than 10 days (even with
      customs) and it is cheap mental insurance.

      Check those ebay references! There are pro ebay guys out there who sell all
      the time and have reputations to protect. Stay away from the smaller guys,
      or at least have them provide at least a few references. Email is cheap.
      Loss of $300 is not.

      Best,
      -Rob

      Now back to the Z scale subjects....