Re: [z_scale] how to fasten wires?

  • Larry Donsbach
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26 10:01 AM
      I realize ther are many ways to neaten up the wires but there are some very small nylon wire ties (about 3" long) that can make a neat package out of a lot of wires. Used with temporary cup hooks to hole the wires, it makes a very neat job. Us cup hook to effect neat bends.

      Another way (from the very old school) is to lace the wires together with waxed cord also using cup hooks to temporarily hold the wires in place and to effect neat bends.

      Larry Donsbach
      San Antonio, TX

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26 10:06 AM
        mauroandlaura wrote:

        > Hello gang,
        >
        > please, would somebody give some advice on how to fasten the wires
        > under the layout table?
        > We have dozens and dozens of them (some very long)that run under the
        > plywood table and we are experimenting some solutions which are not
        > completing satisfying (adhesive tape / small nails /some glue...)
        >
        > Any better idea?
        > Many thankZ,
        >
        > Mauro and Laura.

        Pieces of cardboard from the backs of pads of paper and a staple gun.
        Cut pieces about 3/4" wide by 2-3" long, put over wires and tack at each
        end. If you leave it loose enough you can always add extra wires.
        --
        Manfred
      • Nelson Snedeker
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26 4:50 PM
          Hi M&L: I use small eye screws which screw into the wood easily and
          the size is determined by the size of the proposed wire bundle going
          through. Alernatively I use one size big enough for any proposed bundle.
          The advantage is that any wire threaded through , can just as easily be
          unthreaded with out breaking the rest of the bundle open. Works for
          me! Happy "Z"ing Nel

          mauroandlaura wrote:

          > Hello gang,
          >
          > please, would somebody give some advice on how to fasten the wires
          > under the layout table?
          > We have dozens and dozens of them (some very long)that run under the
          > plywood table and we are experimenting some solutions which are not
          > completing satisfying (adhesive tape / small nails /some glue...)
          >
          > Any better idea?
          > Many thankZ,
          >
          > Mauro and Laura.

          > DoseZ!

        • zthek
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 26 5:37 PM
            > please, would somebody give some advice on how to fasten the wires
            > under the layout table?

            Try self sticking velcro. It's a kind of organiZed, accessible and
            even clever. See photos: velcro1 and velcro2
            Good Luck,
            Lajos