Rogue GP38

  • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
      Dear List,

      the remark of Dominique (from the sunny Paris) on the Rogue GP38 leads me to the
      following question: I have a GP38 from Rogue LW. However from the beginning it
      was running quite badly. Big noise, slow speed. A friend of mine, a very
      experienced scale Z small scale manufacturer found out, that the motor was
      installed misaligned. Only one truck was powered, the other was only scratched.
      Now, after the motor was aligned as it should be the little gem is running
      around the track, however sometimes it still sputters.
      The main gear-wheel, made of plastic, shows heavy wear and tear due to the
      mistake above.
      Does somebody knows, if this main gear-wheel is available somewhere as a spare
      part? I am afraid, that my little machine may break down sooner or later due to
      missing teeth.

      Regards

      Dieter

      Dieter W. Nolte
      E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...
    • D. A. Karp
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2002
        Dieter,

        This is a really common problem with these units:
        http://www.zscale.org/articles/rogue.html

        I've tried to locate a replacement gear, possibly made out of a stronger
        material, such as nylon or metal, but I haven't found anything. I'd also be
        interested if someone has found a suitable replacement.

        -David

        http://www.zscale.org/
      • FR.model@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 17, 2002
          "D. A. Karp" <z@...> schrieb:
          >Dieter,
          >
          >This is a really common problem with these units:
          >http://www.zscale.org/articles/rogue.html
          >
          >I've tried to locate a replacement gear, possibly made out of a stronger
          >material, such as nylon or metal, but I haven't found anything. I'd also be
          >interested if someone has found a suitable replacement.

          David, Dieter and list,

          is this really a common problem with these units?
          Since this gear wheel is made of plastics somewhere must exist an injection
          mold tool to produce them cheap in high quantity.
          However, a soft plastic doesn't help. To make a series of these plastic parts
          requires expensive adjustment of the tool to the injection machine.
          Ridiculous making a series of 100 pieces! It would be easier to make
          them of brass. I assume the teeth spacing is identical to European module 0.3
          If this gear wheel is really a common problem and the demand is 100 pieces or
          above I can make them of brass (Price about $4.00 each).
          In Germany we have a distributor offering brass gear wheels at this size but
          not with the right diameter of the center bore hole and not with the right
          thickness. A good hobby late is necessary to get the right dimmensions.
          The distributor is LEMO SOLAR in Bad Rappenau.

          Harald
          --
          FREUDENREICH FEINWERKTECHNIK
          Harald Freudenreich

          phone: +49 38209 49160 fax: 49161 e-mail: FR.model@... internet: www.fr-model.de
        • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
            Dear List,

            I sent the e-mail below already on August 16th, 2002 and got no reply.

            Are there realy no owners of a Rogue GP38 out there who have the same problem?
            Or may get the same problem in due time?
            I feel it may be worth for a small scale manufacturer to think about making
            spare parts for this little gem, which are required in the next time due to wear
            and tear e.g. parts made of plastic.

            Regards

            Dieter

[...]

          • John Jabour
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2002
              Dieter
              If you are worried, then you can contact NWSL and they will
              make the gear you need. They have a setup charge (like $50
              but don't quote me) and then charge per part. So if you have a
              bunch made then it shouldn't be to expensive.
              John
              PS I have a GP38 and I don't see any wear on my gears. If
              I were to change mine, I would continue to use plastic to keep
              the noise down.

              > I sent the e-mail below already on August 16th, 2002 and got no reply.
              >
              > Are there realy no owners of a Rogue GP38 out there who have the same
              problem?
              > Or may get the same problem in due time?
              > I feel it may be worth for a small scale manufacturer to think about
              making
              > spare parts for this little gem, which are required in the next time due
              to wear
              > and tear e.g. parts made of plastic.
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Dieter
              >

              > Dear List,
              >
              > the remark of Dominique (from the sunny Paris) on the Rogue GP38 leads me
              to the
              > following question: I have a GP38 from Rogue LW. However from the
              beginning it
              > was running quite badly. Big noise, slow speed. A friend of mine, a very
              > experienced scale Z small scale manufacturer found out, that the motor was
              > installed misaligned. Only one truck was powered, the other was only
              scratched.
              > Now, after the motor was aligned as it should be the little gem is running
              > around the track, however sometimes it still sputters.
              > The main gear-wheel, made of plastic, shows heavy wear and tear due to the
              > mistake above.
              > Does somebody knows, if this main gear-wheel is available somewhere as a
              spare
              > part? I am afraid, that my little machine may break down sooner or later
              due to
              > missing teeth.
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Dieter
              >

              > Dieter W. Nolte
              > E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...

            • Pacha
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
                Hello All,

                Anyone have a Rogue GP38 they would be willing to sell? If so contact me
                off line.

                Thanks,
                Pacha

                --