z scale at NTS

  • RSmidt@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
      Hi Everyone,

      I was at one of my local hobbyshops (Granddad's Hobbies in Springfield, VA)
      yesterday looking for some magazines and checking the MTL stock. I overheard
      an HO scale modeller pointing out a Z-scale train in a display case to his
      wife and telling her "That's what we saw in Ft. Lauderdale."

      It was pretty neat to hear that. I tried to give him the pitch. He was
      polite, but not that interested in becoming a convert. He did say that he was
      impressed by all the Z, modules, layouts and briefcases.

      Randy Smidt
      Wash, DC Z-Bend Track
    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2002
        Hi Randy,

        I wouldn't make a career out of making converts to Z. It has to come
        up and bite you, in a manner of speaking, although it may take some
        time to actually feel the Z teethmarks ;-)

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey