Thanks, Dieter!

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5 7:52 AM
      Time to change the photo on the Cover page!

      This week's cover page is a photo of our friend and collaborator,
      Dieter Nolte, from Essen, Germany, and CEO of the Rock Rock Canyon,
      Texas layout that he takes to train shows in Germany. Dieter made
      the trip to Florida to take part in the fun in the sun. (I suspect
      that he holds the long distance travel title although Rich Blandford,
      who flew in from LA for the Saturday of the show, may share that
      honor!)

      Dieter is shown explaining the finer points of Z modeling to visitors
      to the Val Ease Central Railroad display at the National Train Show
      in Fort Lauderdale, Florida last July 20th. Dieter is proudly
      wearing his VECRR crew shirt and also keeping an eye on the passenger
      train making the turn on VEW (Val Ease West). We had a few
      derailment problems on the far curve that were traced back to a bad
      joint between VEE (Val Ease East) and CVE (Centre Val Ease). We
      eventually got things worked out and the trains ran perfectly until
      the close of the show.

      More photos from NTS2002 will follow including shots from Z_Scale
      member layouts.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan
    • jmac_han
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5 7:54 AM
        Correction! Dieter is CEO of the Red Rock Canyon, Texas layout.
        Sorry about the misspelling.

        JRM
      • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7 3:11 PM
          Dear Jeffrey,

          thank you very much placing a photo, showing me, on the cover page.

          I feel very honoured!

          Well, actually sometimes I was sweating 'blood and water' (as we say in German)
          when the kids rushed in dangerously close to your gems running around on your
          layout and you were somewhere else! But I have to state, that the parents in the
          USA are fortunately stricter in controlling their kids than in Germany.
          Of course, several times I had to save the little boat at the quay of your
          layout from 'flying away'. But always with a smile on all faces involved.

          Again I thank you very much having me enlisted as a member of your crew!

          It is a petty that I am not able to see the new cover picture. I have problems
          to enlist to the Yahoo group. My outdated PC may be the cause of this situation.

          As I already stated earlier, we Germans are sometimes very accurate.
          You mentioned the long distance travel title.
          So, I looked at my globe to compare the distance between Ft. Lauderdale/LA and
          Ft. Lauderdale/Duesseldorf. The distance to Duesseldorf is about twice as long
          as the distance to LA.

          Greetings Dieter

          jmac_han schrieb:
          > Time to change the photo on the Cover page!

          > This week's cover page is a photo of our friend and collaborator,
          > Dieter Nolte, from Essen, Germany, and CEO of the Rock Rock Canyon,
          > Texas layout that he takes to train shows in Germany. Dieter made
          > the trip to Florida to take part in the fun in the sun. (I suspect
          > that he holds the long distance travel title although Rich Blandford,
          > who flew in from LA for the Saturday of the show, may share that
          > honor!)
          >
          > Dieter is shown explaining the finer points of Z modeling to visitors
          > to the Val Ease Central Railroad display at the National Train Show
          > in Fort Lauderdale, Florida last July 20th. Dieter is proudly
          > wearing his VECRR crew shirt and also keeping an eye on the passenger
          > train making the turn on VEW (Val Ease West). We had a few
          > derailment problems on the far curve that were traced back to a bad
          > joint between VEE (Val Ease East) and CVE (Centre Val Ease). We
          > eventually got things worked out and the trains ran perfectly until
          > the close of the show.
          >
          > More photos from NTS2002 will follow including shots from Z_Scale
          > member layouts.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Jeffrey MacHan

          Dieter W. Nolte