RE: [z_scale] Track

  • Maksim-Smelchak
    Message 1 of 96 , Aug 3, 2002
      Hi,

      I'd be interested in knowing this as well. My friend just got into N-scale
      after I encouraged him to go into Z-scale and showed him how good my layout
      was, BECAUSE:

      1. It was cheaper.
      2. There was already track on the shop's shelves.
      3. He doesn't care much about scale.

      Where can one get Z-track cheaply?

      How about Z-flextrack or Z-track that isn't straight?

      Cheers,
      Maksim-Smelchak.

      Message 96 of 96 , Feb 14, 2009
        Of perhaps limited interest and circulation, but the Modelling the
        Railways of SA Convention notes include two fantastic articles
        arguing that 'track is a model too' and suggesting a variety of ways
        of replicating the look of Australian track.

        On the mainlines track is well sleepered, but Australian branchlines
        are infamous for light rail and widely and unevenly spaced
        sleepers. On many narrow gauge lines with wood sleepers, every
        fourth or fifth sleeper would be steel, the intention being to hold
        the rails in gauge.

        In Z, modelling it would require the use of code 30 rail at least,
        but code 25 would be better.

        Ben