new z-pages

  • Franz Kerschbaum
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2002
      Hi there!

      I finally managed to update my web-pages and included
      a new z-section. Mainly with photos of my rolling stock
      but not the normal (90 deg and neutral background) ones...
      I tried to make pictures as different as possible on
      my small NOCH attaché case (46x33cm!) with a printed
      background. Sorry for the epoch fanatics, I did not take
      care of anything in that respect but it was quite
      a fun to try to simulate reality to some extent. Have a
      look at: http://www.astro.univie.ac.at/~fzi/z/.
      Sorry again, the headlines are in german but I think
      the pictures speak for themselfe.

      Cheers
      Franz

      PS: the pictures were made with a Nikon Coolpix 990,
      a older model I know but nice for macro work and that’s needed
      in the case of z ;)
    • kimvellore
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2002
        Beautiful....
        It is well done. Now for the questions how did you whether the tracks
        I see a lighted passenger car
        http://www.astro.univie.ac.at/~fzi/z/Dampf/pages/OeBB_BR86_Donner.htm
        could you post more details on that car.

        Also in the home page what is behind the Banana car? is it in Z scale?
        Also who makes the 'T' shaped light that is at the station, is it
        custom built?
        Nice photos with the background...

        Kim

        --- In z_scale@y..., "Franz Kerschbaum" <kerschbaum@a...> wrote:
        > Hi there!
        >
        > I finally managed to update my web-pages and included
        > a new z-section. Mainly with photos of my rolling stock
        > but not the normal (90 deg and neutral background) ones...
        > I tried to make pictures as different as possible on
        > my small NOCH attaché case (46x33cm!) with a printed
        > background. Sorry for the epoch fanatics, I did not take
        > care of anything in that respect but it was quite
        > a fun to try to simulate reality to some extent. Have a
        > look at: http://www.astro.univie.ac.at/~fzi/z/.
        > Sorry again, the headlines are in german but I think
        > the pictures speak for themselfe.
        >

        > Cheers
        > Franz
        >
        > PS: the pictures were made with a Nikon Coolpix 990,
        > a older model I know but nice for macro work and that's needed
        > in the case of z ;)
      • fzifzi
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2002
          Kim!

          Thanks for the flowers..
          Many questions, here the answers:

          - I whether my tracks (also on the bigger layout) Im doing just now
          by applying Revel Airbrush color 31183 (rusty) and a little of 31187
          (soil gray) on the outside parts and between the rail. On the
          inner side of the rails I use a brown permanent edding 3000 line
          from my office to avoid risk of reducing the contact

          - All my lights (T and others) are from the new
          line of Märklin LED which are fantastically thin and fragile.
          I love them. They have their price but the value is included.
          Part numbers: 601223- 601228 in Europe (the last is you T shaped)

          - The lights in the cars are also Led (buffered so they light
          one minute even off track) and they come from Thomas Mekelburg
          (MeMoTec: email: Memotec1@...). He has them in all sizes.

          I hope I could help you!

          Cheers
          Franz