More on magnets - for Z scale MT's

  • BJKRONEN@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 1999
      Hello list:

      I mentioned in a previous email, that in addition to an alternate source of
      permanent magnets for MicroTrains couplers, there was also an electromagnet
      solution that worked. In particular, on mainlines where accidental
      uncoupling is embarrasing.

      You just power them with 12vdc (not one volt more) and put them under the
      cork, flush with the table surface. The power supply instructions that come
      with them are for N scale, if you do that scale, too.

      Well, my delay in the details was to make certain the seller still exists and
      if his price had changed. It didn't. Here is his response below.

      His email address is: starshine@... (Ralph H. Hall)

      Regards,
      Bill Kronenberger
      Houston

      - - - - - - snip from Ralph's email to me - - - - - - -

      Glad the magnets are working for you, they sure seem to have made a hit with
      everyone that has tried them. Lots of reorders. They are still available at
      4/ $20 + $3.20 Priority. 8 will still go for $3.20 shipping.

      Ralph Hall
      The best electro-magnetic uncoupler for N & Z scale.