Re: [z_scale] Re: Z-Track

  • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 3 9:05 AM
      I ALWAYS love getting my new Z-Track Pubs....seems like they just don't
      come frequently enough :)

      I have not yet scoured it cover to cover, but of course the Albritton
      article was a great read....Needs substantial editing (IMO) to erradicate
      all the grammatical errors, but super none the less.

      The best part for me this month is all the ad copy for awesome flat car
      loads etc. and the information on Ft Lauderdale that I will regrettably
      miss.

      I can't wait for a z scale layout to be shown in a West Coast train show.
      Maybe the first one will be at the GATS in August (S. San Francisco) if I
      can enter my "in progress" layout. By then, trains should be moving, at
      least. I'm not sure what thier stance is yet on completely un-scenicked
      layouts.

      I have not yet read your article as we are preparing for a quite large
      Fourth of July celebration.....but I'm sure I will like it

      THanks for all your support of Z scale.

      jmac_han
      <jmac_han@yahoo.c To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      om> cc:
      Subject: [z_scale] Re: Z-Track
      07/03/2002 05:00
      AM
      Please respond to
      z_scale

      OK, Ted. If I understand your message, you are happy to have
      received your June Ztrack. Out of curiosity, what did you enjoy
      about most in this issue?

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey

      --- In z_scale@y..., ted_lamar@p... wrote:

      > Got mine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoooorray.
      >

      > West Coast of California.

    • campy4949
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
        Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
        N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
        What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions, prices, names and
        numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim
      • frederick ladd
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
          Jim, we have been trying to have some manufacturer make Z track with road bed like kato for years. Z is too sensitive to build and take apart any number of times. And a Kato double slip switch is a real piece of good work. Up until this writing no company has shown an interest in making z track with road bed.Hope that does not discourage you from enjoying the benefits of 1:220-- Z.
          Fred

          Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
          N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
          What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions, prices, names and
          numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • ztrack@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
            Jim,

            Unfortunately, no Z scale manufacturer makes pre-ballasted track. There is
            some talk of this type of track being produced, but at this time, it is not.
            This is too bad since pre-ballasted track like Kato's would do much to
            improve our Z scale niche.

            Rob Kluz

            Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
            6142 Northcliff Blvd.
            Dublin, OH 43016
            Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
            www.ztrack.com

          • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
              There is none commercially available. Yet.

            • zbendtrack@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
                Jim:

                > Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
                > N-scale Kato

                Sorry, buy you'll still need to get out the white glue, cork and track
                routine for the time being. Kato style integrated track/roadbed isn't made
                in Z scale.

                There are frequent requests for this product, but with no success to date.

                Regards,
                Bill K.
                Houston

              • Steven Delibert
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
                  Maybe not - I just started playing with AMI butyl rubber roadbed, and it
                  seems just great! I'm about to agree with the numbers of people who've been
                  raving about it here & elsewhere, and it's sure a whole lot easier than the
                  glue'n'cork routine
                  Steve Delibert

                  > Sorry, buy you'll still need to get out the white glue, cork and track
                  > routine for the time being.
                  xxxx
                  > Bill K.
                  > Houston

                • Peter Ibbotson
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 29, 2003
                    Nope, however noch do a preformed roadbed (called merkur) , the zscale hobo
                    site at:
                    http://zscalehobo.com/website/noch/roadbed.html has some pictures. It's
                    expensive, the track bed looks like it costs the same as the track. The
                    other easy looking alternatives are the zthek (http://www.lthek.com) roadbed
                    and noch have another product called mossmer trackbed. If you're looking at
                    their website at http://www.noch.de it's under "Terrain forming and crafts /
                    track beds" once you've selected your scale and category.
                    Personally I'm going to have a go with zthek roadbed
                    http://www.lthek.com/id78.htm once I've sorted out my track design as it
                    looks like the best compromise between cost and easy of use.

                    --
                    Work peteri@... | remove magic word .org to reply
                    Home peter@... | I own the domain but theres no MX

                    Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
                    N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
                    What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions, prices, names and
                    numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • de Champeaux Dominique
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
                      --- campy4949 <campy4949@...> a écrit : > Does
                      anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track
                      > with roadbed like the
                      > N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
                      > What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions,
                      > prices, names and
                      > numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim

                      Jim, as far as I know, this type of track isn't
                      available in Z scale.
                      Cheers
                      Dominique

                    • Mihalka, Michael
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
                        The Zed-head's poor man's solution to roadbed is the moessmer roadbed system from noch -- 5 meters for under 15 euros. See article number 99418 at www.noch.com.

                        Cheers!
                        Michael

                        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=229633.3212141.4526654.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1556779/R=0/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?ftd2+shopping:dmad/M=229633.3212141.4526654.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1556779/R=1/1051698983+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.ftd.com/rmi-framed-url/http://www.ftd.com/yahoo36>
                        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=229633.3212141.4526654.2595810/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1556779/rand=515251649>