Re: Z-Track

  • jmac_han
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 3, 2002
      OK, Ted. If I understand your message, you are happy to have
      received your June Ztrack. Out of curiosity, what did you enjoy
      about most in this issue?

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey

    • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 3, 2002
        I ALWAYS love getting my new Z-Track Pubs....seems like they just don't
        come frequently enough :)

        I have not yet scoured it cover to cover, but of course the Albritton
        article was a great read....Needs substantial editing (IMO) to erradicate
        all the grammatical errors, but super none the less.

        The best part for me this month is all the ad copy for awesome flat car
        loads etc. and the information on Ft Lauderdale that I will regrettably
        miss.

        I can't wait for a z scale layout to be shown in a West Coast train show.
        Maybe the first one will be at the GATS in August (S. San Francisco) if I
        can enter my "in progress" layout. By then, trains should be moving, at
        least. I'm not sure what thier stance is yet on completely un-scenicked
        layouts.

        I have not yet read your article as we are preparing for a quite large
        Fourth of July celebration.....but I'm sure I will like it

        THanks for all your support of Z scale.

        jmac_han
        <jmac_han@yahoo.c To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        om> cc:
        Subject: [z_scale] Re: Z-Track
        07/03/2002 05:00
        AM
        Please respond to
        z_scale

        --- In z_scale@y..., ted_lamar@p... wrote:

        > Got mine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoooorray.
        >

        > West Coast of California.

      • campy4949
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
          Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
          N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
          What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions, prices, names and
          numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim
        • frederick ladd
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
            Jim, we have been trying to have some manufacturer make Z track with road bed like kato for years. Z is too sensitive to build and take apart any number of times. And a Kato double slip switch is a real piece of good work. Up until this writing no company has shown an interest in making z track with road bed.Hope that does not discourage you from enjoying the benefits of 1:220-- Z.
            Fred

            Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
            N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
            What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions, prices, names and
            numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • ztrack@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
              Jim,

              Unfortunately, no Z scale manufacturer makes pre-ballasted track. There is
              some talk of this type of track being produced, but at this time, it is not.
              This is too bad since pre-ballasted track like Kato's would do much to
              improve our Z scale niche.

              Rob Kluz

              Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
              6142 Northcliff Blvd.
              Dublin, OH 43016
              Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
              www.ztrack.com

            • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
                There is none commercially available. Yet.

              • zbendtrack@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
                  Jim:

                  > Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
                  > N-scale Kato

                  Sorry, buy you'll still need to get out the white glue, cork and track
                  routine for the time being. Kato style integrated track/roadbed isn't made
                  in Z scale.

                  There are frequent requests for this product, but with no success to date.

                  Regards,
                  Bill K.
                  Houston

                • Steven Delibert
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
                    Maybe not - I just started playing with AMI butyl rubber roadbed, and it
                    seems just great! I'm about to agree with the numbers of people who've been
                    raving about it here & elsewhere, and it's sure a whole lot easier than the
                    glue'n'cork routine
                    Steve Delibert

                    > Sorry, buy you'll still need to get out the white glue, cork and track
                    > routine for the time being.
                    xxxx
                    > Bill K.
                    > Houston

                  • Peter Ibbotson
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 29, 2003
                      Nope, however noch do a preformed roadbed (called merkur) , the zscale hobo
                      site at:
                      http://zscalehobo.com/website/noch/roadbed.html has some pictures. It's
                      expensive, the track bed looks like it costs the same as the track. The
                      other easy looking alternatives are the zthek (http://www.lthek.com) roadbed
                      and noch have another product called mossmer trackbed. If you're looking at
                      their website at http://www.noch.de it's under "Terrain forming and crafts /
                      track beds" once you've selected your scale and category.
                      Personally I'm going to have a go with zthek roadbed
                      http://www.lthek.com/id78.htm once I've sorted out my track design as it
                      looks like the best compromise between cost and easy of use.

                      --
                      Work peteri@... | remove magic word .org to reply
                      Home peter@... | I own the domain but theres no MX

                      Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
                      N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
                      What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions, prices, names and
                      numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • de Champeaux Dominique
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
                        --- campy4949 <campy4949@...> a écrit : > Does
                        anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track
                        > with roadbed like the
                        > N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
                        > What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions,
                        > prices, names and
                        > numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim

                        Jim, as far as I know, this type of track isn't
                        available in Z scale.
                        Cheers
                        Dominique

                      • Mihalka, Michael
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
                          The Zed-head's poor man's solution to roadbed is the moessmer roadbed system from noch -- 5 meters for under 15 euros. See article number 99418 at www.noch.com.

                          Cheers!
                          Michael

                          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=229633.3212141.4526654.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1556779/R=0/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?ftd2+shopping:dmad/M=229633.3212141.4526654.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1556779/R=1/1051698983+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.ftd.com/rmi-framed-url/http://www.ftd.com/yahoo36>
                          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=229633.3212141.4526654.2595810/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1556779/rand=515251649>