Re: [z_scale] Z-Track

  • dpstripe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 2, 2002
      Has there been a new issue of Z-Track, yet? I only ask because I had a
      temporary change of address (working out of state for a month) in at the P.O.
      and I didn't receive one. I can't remember what postage class that it is
      mailed, and the PO will not forward 3rd class bulk mail (junk and most
      catalogs). I think Z-Track is sent either 1st or second class, but I don't
      know for sure. Thanks for any info.
      Dan

    • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2002
        Got mine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoooorray.

        West Coast of California.

        dpstripe@...
        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        07/02/2002 10:35 cc:
        PM Subject: Re: [z_scale] Z-Track
        Please respond to
        z_scale

        Has there been a new issue of Z-Track, yet? I only ask because I had a
        temporary change of address (working out of state for a month) in at the
        P.O.
        and I didn't receive one. I can't remember what postage class that it is
        mailed, and the PO will not forward 3rd class bulk mail (junk and most
        catalogs). I think Z-Track is sent either 1st or second class, but I don't
        know for sure. Thanks for any info.
        Dan

      • jmac_han
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 3, 2002
          OK, Ted. If I understand your message, you are happy to have
          received your June Ztrack. Out of curiosity, what did you enjoy
          about most in this issue?

          Cheers,
          Jeffrey

        • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 2002
            I ALWAYS love getting my new Z-Track Pubs....seems like they just don't
            come frequently enough :)

            I have not yet scoured it cover to cover, but of course the Albritton
            article was a great read....Needs substantial editing (IMO) to erradicate
            all the grammatical errors, but super none the less.

            The best part for me this month is all the ad copy for awesome flat car
            loads etc. and the information on Ft Lauderdale that I will regrettably
            miss.

            I can't wait for a z scale layout to be shown in a West Coast train show.
            Maybe the first one will be at the GATS in August (S. San Francisco) if I
            can enter my "in progress" layout. By then, trains should be moving, at
            least. I'm not sure what thier stance is yet on completely un-scenicked
            layouts.

            I have not yet read your article as we are preparing for a quite large
            Fourth of July celebration.....but I'm sure I will like it

            THanks for all your support of Z scale.

            jmac_han
            <jmac_han@yahoo.c To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
            om> cc:
            Subject: [z_scale] Re: Z-Track
            07/03/2002 05:00
            AM
            Please respond to
            z_scale

            --- In z_scale@y..., ted_lamar@p... wrote:

            > Got mine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoooorray.
            >

            > West Coast of California.

          • campy4949
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
              Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
              N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
              What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions, prices, names and
              numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim
            • frederick ladd
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
                Jim, we have been trying to have some manufacturer make Z track with road bed like kato for years. Z is too sensitive to build and take apart any number of times. And a Kato double slip switch is a real piece of good work. Up until this writing no company has shown an interest in making z track with road bed.Hope that does not discourage you from enjoying the benefits of 1:220-- Z.
                Fred

                Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
                N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
                What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions, prices, names and
                numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • ztrack@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
                  Jim,

                  Unfortunately, no Z scale manufacturer makes pre-ballasted track. There is
                  some talk of this type of track being produced, but at this time, it is not.
                  This is too bad since pre-ballasted track like Kato's would do much to
                  improve our Z scale niche.

                  Rob Kluz

                  Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
                  6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                  Dublin, OH 43016
                  Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
                  www.ztrack.com

                • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
                    There is none commercially available. Yet.

                  • zbendtrack@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
                      Jim:

                      > Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
                      > N-scale Kato

                      Sorry, buy you'll still need to get out the white glue, cork and track
                      routine for the time being. Kato style integrated track/roadbed isn't made
                      in Z scale.

                      There are frequent requests for this product, but with no success to date.

                      Regards,
                      Bill K.
                      Houston

                    • Steven Delibert
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 28, 2003
                        Maybe not - I just started playing with AMI butyl rubber roadbed, and it
                        seems just great! I'm about to agree with the numbers of people who've been
                        raving about it here & elsewhere, and it's sure a whole lot easier than the
                        glue'n'cork routine
                        Steve Delibert

                        > Sorry, buy you'll still need to get out the white glue, cork and track
                        > routine for the time being.
                        xxxx
                        > Bill K.
                        > Houston

                      • Peter Ibbotson
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 29, 2003
                          Nope, however noch do a preformed roadbed (called merkur) , the zscale hobo
                          site at:
                          http://zscalehobo.com/website/noch/roadbed.html has some pictures. It's
                          expensive, the track bed looks like it costs the same as the track. The
                          other easy looking alternatives are the zthek (http://www.lthek.com) roadbed
                          and noch have another product called mossmer trackbed. If you're looking at
                          their website at http://www.noch.de it's under "Terrain forming and crafts /
                          track beds" once you've selected your scale and category.
                          Personally I'm going to have a go with zthek roadbed
                          http://www.lthek.com/id78.htm once I've sorted out my track design as it
                          looks like the best compromise between cost and easy of use.

                          --
                          Work peteri@... | remove magic word .org to reply
                          Home peter@... | I own the domain but theres no MX

                          Does anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track with roadbed like the
                          N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
                          What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions, prices, names and
                          numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • de Champeaux Dominique
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
                            --- campy4949 <campy4949@...> a écrit : > Does
                            anyone know where to purchase Z-scale track
                            > with roadbed like the
                            > N-scale Kato/Marklin from a reliable dealer?
                            > What radiuses available; part numbers, dimensions,
                            > prices, names and
                            > numbers, etc...Thanks, Jim

                            Jim, as far as I know, this type of track isn't
                            available in Z scale.
                            Cheers
                            Dominique

                          • Mihalka, Michael
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 30, 2003
                              The Zed-head's poor man's solution to roadbed is the moessmer roadbed system from noch -- 5 meters for under 15 euros. See article number 99418 at www.noch.com.

                              Cheers!
                              Michael

                              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=229633.3212141.4526654.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1556779/R=0/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?ftd2+shopping:dmad/M=229633.3212141.4526654.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1706533816:HM/A=1556779/R=1/1051698983+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.ftd.com/rmi-framed-url/http://www.ftd.com/yahoo36>
                              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=229633.3212141.4526654.2595810/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1556779/rand=515251649>