Re: [z_scale] Opportunity for Marklin dealers in Europe

  • WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2002
      Rob,

      I fully understand your viewpoint and what you are
      conveying. But I do not have a local hobby shop to,
      A) purchase Z scale items I am interested in or that
      wishes to supply what I want and, B) I find the source
      I have in Europe does provide substantial cost savings
      for which am very happy with and does have a complete
      'line'. I have tried to locate and support a local
      "loyal knowledgeable dealer to work with". In the past
      I have found and had a "loyal knowledgeable dealer" to
      work with in HO scale that I ordered and purchased my
      items through, even though I could have found the same
      through direct sale. I did this because I wanted to
      see his business continue and flourish. Yet, I am no
      longer in HO, he does not supply Z scale, and he says
      it would not be profitable for him. I do not have a
      comparable Z scale dealer to work with, thus the
      inquiry.

      However, I do not feel it is right to ask and use a
      dealers time about a product, just to purchase an item
      somewhere else. There are ethics and this inquiry was
      not to hurt local dealers who are both good and within
      reasonable distance to a "local dealer". I do want to
      see Z scale prosper and understand your stated view
      and policy and understand you should hold to this.
      But, do not assume everyone has a local dealer or a
      willing local dealer or a local "loyal knowledgeable
      dealer" to work with. I am very open to gaining a
      local "loyal knowledgeable dealer" to me and not
      opposed to supporting one as I have done in the past.

      For now though, the best for me is 'overseas' sales,
      for which I have returned an item that did not work
      and was sent a brand new one as ordered. I get
      service that way too.

      Having stated my stance, Rob your magazine is only
      getting that much better each time I read it and I
      appreciate your promotion of Z scale. All the
      articles in the latest issue are great. You have a
      good thing going there. Thanks,

      Will

      =====
      WILLIAM BROCK

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2002
        Will,

        I understand your situation. It is difficult not having a Z dealer local.
        Unfortunately, there are a lot of Z enthusiasts in the same situation. I
        would love to see a Märklin Z dealer in every city, but I feel we are
        actually going the other way and loosing dealers. For instance, a number of
        years ago, Columbus Ohio had three to four shops carrying Z, now only one.
        Märklin has been working hard to increase their dealer base and we are seeing
        new stores carry the line which is good. I do ask not to forget about the
        dealers that advertise in Ztrack. These stores are very committed to the
        hobby and offer great service. I trust them all.

        Thanks for the kind words on the last issue. It is amazing how much is
        happening in the Z world. It really is a good time to be a Z scaler and I
        think it is only going to get much, much better. Take care,

        Rob Kluz

        Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com
      • LDPERRIN
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2002
          Rob:

          Could you get someone to update your dealer list on your web page?
          Some of the links dont work, and I think I saw a dealer on the back
          of one of the magazenes you sent me (I can't remember if it was a
          back issue I ordered or the most recent one, I'll let you know), but
          his info wasn't on your site.

          BTW.. the Zenes look GREAT. excellent job. looking forward to every
          issue now

          Warren