Use Of Advertising For Advantage & Halwa Trackwork

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2002
      Jeff,
      I'll be more than honored to do so. We've got to
      let the rest of the model railroading crowd know
      we're out there and we vote!

      Just a note: I finally received my giant Z scale curved
      turnouts from Halwa and they are beautiful. Over the
      years I've admired old photos of steam & early diesel era
      yards and station areas where the railroads had built many
      exciting crossovers and curved turnouts, lattices of steel weaving
      through each other. No sharp curves in these photos.

      These Halwa curved turnouts will go on my big project Z scale
      layout, along with my other code 40 track and turnouts.
      I still plan to use Marklin trip switch track and relays
      where needed but this layout will be 98% code 40 from
      end to end.

      Between Halwa and Aspen Model and AZL for
      track and trains and Micro-Structures and Micron Art structures
      we should start seeing some fantastically detailed Z layouts
      in the future.

      My goal is the perpetration of Z scale to rival all others!
      Next we take Berlin! ;>)

      Regards,
      Reynard

      jmac_han wrote:

      > Thanks for the new image, Reynard. It looks great on the Z_Scale
      > home page.
      >
      > On the subject of advertising...you are, of course, entitled to
      > mention "Voted Best New Product 2001 by the members of Z_Scale" in
      > all product placements and your commercial literature.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Jeffrey
      >
      > --- In z_scale@y..., Reynard Wellman <micron@m...> wrote:
      > > Jeffrey,
      > >
      > > I took a new photo of the 1888 passenger station
      > > this morning that is more of a closeup of the detail
      > > stone and brickwork. It also shows some vehicles.
      > > To view it go to: http://www.micronart.com/
      > > It is right on the homepage.
      > >

      > > Reynard
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2002
        --- Reynard Wellman <micron@...> a écrit :
        > Jeff,
        > I'll be more than honored to do so. We've got to
        > let the rest of the model railroading crowd know
        > we're out there and we vote!
        >
        > Just a note: I finally received my giant Z scale
        > curved
        > turnouts from Halwa and they are beautiful. Over the
        > years I've admired old photos of steam & early
        > diesel era
        > yards and station areas where the railroads had
        > built many
        > exciting crossovers and curved turnouts, lattices
        > of steel weaving
        > through each other. No sharp curves in these photos.
        >
        > These Halwa curved turnouts will go on my big
        > project Z scale
        > layout, along with my other code 40 track and
        > turnouts.
        > I still plan to use Marklin trip switch track and
        > relays
        > where needed but this layout will be 98% code 40
        > from
        > end to end.
        >
        > Between Halwa and Aspen Model and AZL for
        > track and trains and Micro-Structures and Micron Art
        > structures
        > we should start seeing some fantastically detailed Z
        > layouts
        > in the future.
        >
        > My goal is the perpetration of Z scale to rival all
        > others!
        > Next we take Berlin! ;>)
        >
        > Regards,
        > Reynard

        Reynard, I totally share your point of view; In my
        case my future layout (not the small module you saw
        when coming to Paris and on which I'm presently
        working) will be done only with Halwa turnouts and
        Micro-Trains flextrack, and with all the choice of
        rolling stock and locomotives we presently have (and
        the more coming soon), plus the structures (yours and
        other brass kits), I think Z scale won't have anything
        to envy from other scales...
        Cheers
        Dominique

        > jmac_han wrote:
        >
        > > Thanks for the new image, Reynard. It looks
        > great on the Z_Scale
        > > home page.
        > >
        > > On the subject of advertising...you are, of
        > course, entitled to
        > > mention "Voted Best New Product 2001 by the
        > members of Z_Scale" in
        > > all product placements and your commercial
        > literature.
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > > Jeffrey
        > >
        > > --- In z_scale@y..., Reynard Wellman <micron@m...>
        > wrote:
        > > > Jeffrey,
        > > >
        > > > I took a new photo of the 1888 passenger station
        > > > this morning that is more of a closeup of the
        > detail
        > > > stone and brickwork. It also shows some
        > vehicles.
        > > > To view it go to: http://www.micronart.com/
        > > > It is right on the homepage.
        > > >

        > > > Reynard
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        >

        > > "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive
        > in Small DoseZ!

        > Terms of Service.

        > removed]

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2002
          Hello Dominique,
          Actually, you are right. The Micro-Trains flex track is
          very close to code 40 rail and the tie spacing perfectly matches
          the Halwa turnouts. I also have some Peco flex track but it is
          similar to Marklin track in tie spacing and rail profile.
          --too big to look prototypical even along modern mainlines.

          Hand laying code 40 is not that difficult. The only trouble
          is that I have to cut thousands of N scale ties shorter, then
          after gluing them down with "GOO" I sand them down
          to the right height. If folks are interested, I can design
          and build a fixture that automatically makes Z scale wood
          ties for us code 40 nuts. But there probably aren't enough
          customers to justify the expense. Another idea is to contract
          Woodland Scenics to make a setup and run of Z scale ties
          which would probably require a minimum order of 50K to
          150K ties. And you can count on one hand the number of
          Zeds that would buy this stuff.

          Best regards,
          Reynard

          de Champeaux Dominique wrote:

          > SNIP>
          >
          > Reynard, I totally share your point of view; In my
          > case my future layout (not the small module you saw
          > when coming to Paris and on which I'm presently
          > working) will be done only with Halwa turnouts and
          > Micro-Trains flextrack, and with all the choice of
          > rolling stock and locomotives we presently have (and
          > the more coming soon), plus the structures (yours and
          > other brass kits), I think Z scale won't have anything
          > to envy from other scales...
          > Cheers
          > Dominique

        • WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2002
            I would buy these as I have never been impressed with
            Marklins track either and prototype is paying for. I
            would like to see this, so if you do decide to do this
            please let me know. Thanks,
            Will

            =====
            WILLIAM BROCK

            http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
          • de Champeaux Dominique
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
              --- WILLIAM AND BARBARA BROCK
              <wbbrock_2000@...> a écrit : > I would buy these
              as I have never been impressed
              > with
              > Marklins track either and prototype is paying for.
              > would like to see this, so if you do decide to do
              > this
              > please let me know. Thanks,
              > Will

              With a great pleasure friends! I only advise you that
              my future layout will be located in France, 200 miles
              from Paris!
              Cheers
              Dominique