Re: [z_scale] Z Grades

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2002
      Bill,
      You said it all better than I could. Your tips with the N scale
      foam are priceless. I'll look into aquiring some of this stuff.
      That's it.

      Reynard

    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2002
        --- optimamid <steve@...> a écrit : >
        I have had many responses to my grade question both
        > emailed and here
        > on the group. All are helpful and appreciated.
        > Unfortunately, now I
        > have to go back to Railways and re-design the
        > layout! I suppose that
        > is better than rebuilding one though.
        > I honestly had not considered the aspect of
        > decreasing the grade in
        > curves but I will admit, it makes good sense. So,
        > are we talking 30%
        > less grade? 50% or what?
        > I really plan on using steam as motive power when I
        > do finally get
        > to the point of having a track plan I like. I would
        > like American
        > steam but the choices seem to be very limited. I am
        > a hard core
        > mountain railroad fan and plan on having a mine and
        > a mill as a
        > minimum. Guess that goes back to my HOn3 days! The
        > mine is already
        > built, a scratch built z scale version of Campbell's
        > Red Mountain
        > Mine. The mill plans have been ready, all I need is
        > getting started.
        > Again, thanks for all of your responses! I have
        > looked a Z scale
        > many times over the years but never went much beyond
        > that because
        > there just seemed to be such a void of information
        > especially in my
        > area (Oklahoma). Discovering this group has helped
        > fill that void.
        > Steve

        Steve, if you are struggling for american steam power
        fitting with mine operations, you should try the
        Westmodels 0-6-0 Tank engine. I don't know how it is
        working, all I know is that it is built on a Marklin
        chassis.
        Cheers
        Dominique from cloudy Paris, France

      • John Engbers
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2002
          compensating for the curve is what the prototype railroads do also , it is called compensated grade. Regards. John Engbers