Re: [z_scale] AZL Steam Locomotive?

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
      --- dpstripe@... a écrit : > I seem to remember
      reading someplace what model
      > Steam Locomotive that AZL was
      > working on. I checked Z-Track's "Ajin" article, but
      > that wasn't it. Does
      > anybody know what type of loco they are working on?
      > Thanks.
      > Dan

      Dan, I think remembering it is a Southern Pacific
      GS4 4-8-4. If I remember, it should be in 2 versions:
      a streamlined, and a non streamlined. Let`s guess it
      will be a very good beginning for heavy steam power.
      Friendly.
      Dominique from Paris, France

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
        I don't want to say to much, but AZL is working on GS3s and GS4s. These will
        be in four different versions (two each of freight & passenger). Tentative
        plans have the release coming in 2003. There may be a surprise or two as well!

        Rob Kluz

        Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com
      • dpstripe@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
          Thanks for the info, guys. I know I read that somewhere a couple of months
          ago, but... I just wanted to know what I should start kitbashing. No sense in
          trashing a loco to build something that is coming out. Thanks again.
          Dan