[z_scale] AZL Steam Locomotive?

  • dpstripe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2002
      I seem to remember reading someplace what model Steam Locomotive that AZL was
      working on. I checked Z-Track's "Ajin" article, but that wasn't it. Does
      anybody know what type of loco they are working on? Thanks.
      Dan

    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
        --- dpstripe@... a écrit : > I seem to remember
        reading someplace what model
        > Steam Locomotive that AZL was
        > working on. I checked Z-Track's "Ajin" article, but
        > that wasn't it. Does
        > anybody know what type of loco they are working on?
        > Thanks.
        > Dan

        Dan, I think remembering it is a Southern Pacific
        GS4 4-8-4. If I remember, it should be in 2 versions:
        a streamlined, and a non streamlined. Let`s guess it
        will be a very good beginning for heavy steam power.
        Friendly.
        Dominique from Paris, France

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
          I don't want to say to much, but AZL is working on GS3s and GS4s. These will
          be in four different versions (two each of freight & passenger). Tentative
          plans have the release coming in 2003. There may be a surprise or two as well!

          Rob Kluz

          Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.
          Dublin, OH 43016
          Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
          www.ztrack.com
        • dpstripe@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
            Thanks for the info, guys. I know I read that somewhere a couple of months
            ago, but... I just wanted to know what I should start kitbashing. No sense in
            trashing a loco to build something that is coming out. Thanks again.
            Dan