9398putty on cork?

  • malleus12345
    Mar 31, 2002
      Thanks to the tips from Rob Kluz, Bill Kronenberger,
      Jeffrey MacHan, and others, I am having good luck cutting
      1/4" cork roadbed and gluing it down. I've also been practicing
      laying ballast with some pieces of sacrificed track. So far so good.

      As I lay the pieces of cork on my plywood I see that between
      adjacent cork pieces there are bumps and grinds on the outer
      edges of the cork. Will ballasting simply cover these? Or should
      the cork be as even as possible before ballasting? If the latter,
      should I use something like putty?

      Thank you all.

      John Strawn, S Systems Inc., 15 Willow Larkspur CA 94939 USA
      tel +1 (415) 927 8856 http://www.s-systems-inc.com
      email jstrawn@...