8698Re: Re: [z_scale] Re: 1:200 airplanes

  • RSmidt@mindspring.com
    Feb 7, 2002
      Dieter,

      I totally agree with you about about large planes versus small planes. A few months ago, before I got my first z-train, I was looking for some N-scale small aircraft and found a few diecast toys that worked well. I also found one that was too small for N scale and might be Z (or close). I can't remember if it was a Lear Jet or a Cessna Citation Jet. I'll have to go back and try to find it again. It came in a set that had 2 of these jets and some other aircraft that were the wrong size and all cost about $20 US. For your Texas layout, you might try Hasegawa's DC-3 in 1/200th.

      I was curious about the helicopter on your layout. I couldn't quite make out what it is from the pictures on the website. Maybe a UH-60 or an S-58? Is it a toy? I just purchased a bunch of the Revell 1/220th helicopters and plan on repainting them in Swiss Rega air rescue service and German ADAC colors. I'll have to try the aquarium pump trick.

      Randy Smidt
      z_scale@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Dear friends of scale Z,

      planes on a scale Z layout are fine. I was searching also for a long time to get

      them. I was only succesfull to get a helicopter in this size. And this little

      piece is now sitting on my layout and is whirling its rotor blades.

      But I have some problems when I read that some of us are glad to get the big

      commuter planes like the B 474, Airbus a 300 or the Tristar.

      Boys, these are huge planes! In scale Z the B 474 has a span of nearly one feet

      and a lenght of 12 1/2 inch!!

      This is far to much for my layout. Actually it covers one quarter of it!

      I am looking for the smaller civil aviation planes like the Learjets or Cessnas.

      Has anybody an idea where to get these aircrafts?

      Greetings

      Dieter

      ddechamp71 schrieb:

      > --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Allbritton" <robert@p...> wrote:
      >
      > > Will,
      >

      > > Thanks for the heads up - that's what I thought - I have been
      >
      > looking for
      >
      > > commuter planes in 1:200 for some time, but no luck yet...
      >

      > > -Rob
      >

      > BTW, the main model-kit builders for planes at 1/200 scale are
      >
      > Hasegawa for modern jet airliners (I have in boxes an Air France B747-
      >
      > 200, a BA L1011 Tristar, a JAL Mac Donnell Douglas DC 10-30, a JAL
      >
      > Mac Donnell Douglas MD 11, and a Singapore Airlines Airbus A300-B4),
      >
      > and Italeri for military aircraft (in my case a Lockheed C141 B, and
      >
      > a Tu 95 Bear). I have found all these models very easily in several
      >
      > shops dedicated to aircraft model-kits....
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Dominique

      Dieter W. Nolte

      E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...