8684Re: [z_scale] Re: 1:200 airplanes

  • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
    Feb 6, 2002
      Dear friends of scale Z,

      planes on a scale Z layout are fine. I was searching also for a long time to get
      them. I was only succesfull to get a helicopter in this size. And this little
      piece is now sitting on my layout and is whirling its rotor blades.

      But I have some problems when I read that some of us are glad to get the big
      commuter planes like the B 474, Airbus a 300 or the Tristar.
      Boys, these are huge planes! In scale Z the B 474 has a span of nearly one feet
      and a lenght of 12 1/2 inch!!
      This is far to much for my layout. Actually it covers one quarter of it!
      I am looking for the smaller civil aviation planes like the Learjets or Cessnas.
      Has anybody an idea where to get these aircrafts?

      Greetings

      Dieter

      ddechamp71 schrieb:
      > --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Allbritton" <robert@p...> wrote:
      > > Will,
      > >
      > > Thanks for the heads up - that's what I thought - I have been
      > looking for
      > > commuter planes in 1:200 for some time, but no luck yet...
      > >
      > > -Rob
      >
      > BTW, the main model-kit builders for planes at 1/200 scale are
      > Hasegawa for modern jet airliners (I have in boxes an Air France B747-
      > 200, a BA L1011 Tristar, a JAL Mac Donnell Douglas DC 10-30, a JAL
      > Mac Donnell Douglas MD 11, and a Singapore Airlines Airbus A300-B4),
      > and Italeri for military aircraft (in my case a Lockheed C141 B, and
      > a Tu 95 Bear). I have found all these models very easily in several
      > shops dedicated to aircraft model-kits....
      > Cheers
      > Dominique

      Dieter W. Nolte
      E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...