      Von: z_scale@yahoogroups.com [z_scale@yahoogroups.com]" im Auftrag von "BAZ [sjbazman49@...]
      Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. April 2014 06:30
      An: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: Re: [Z_Scale] Best decoder install Marklin F unit.

      What ?!? Swiss trucks on and F7? You are not going to survive when Don gets back.

      My first one (the one you see when you search 'z scale DCC' on YouTube) just had a NCE Z14 on top of the PC Board. You could use a CT Electronik right where the motor gap is or is you were suggesting in the front light.

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z

      Sent 'from the road'

      On Apr 21, 2014, at 11:18 PM, <greg@...> wrote:

      OK, had to break down and get one in daylight colors to run my streamliner.
      Looking inside, wondering people's recommendations on DCC decoder and where to place it.
      I guess I could get a very tiny one and put it on the end where there is space for a headlight that is unused on an A unit.
      I could get rid of or modify the circuit board on top, but I'm not sure that gives me much space, I need to measure how much room there really is between the shell and the chassis top.
      So, looking for suggestions on:

      • decoder brand and model
      • where to place
      • any other tips or gotchas

      My local reference is heading out of town for a while so cannot do my normal thing of draining his brain on the subject.

      Thanks, Greg Elmassian

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic