74273Re: [Z_Scale] I am new to Z scale

  • Andre
    Apr 6, 2014
      op 06-04-14 15:22, Alan Cox schreef:
      > On 05 Apr 2014 19:25:03 -0700
      > <shawmutcarshops@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Hi,
      >> I am new to Z scale and just getting started. I have a shelf space set aside that is 7 feet long for a small layout, probably a switching layout as I have several other scale switching layouts. I ordered a Micro Train train set from a dealer friend and it should be here on Monday. Today I bought some track to see how big a circle is of Micro Trains track. I hope there are smaller diameter track sections available as I only have 14 inches to work in for width.
      >>
      >> I am looking forward to being part of the group and learning from the other members.
      > The curves go down to 145mm radius, but most US stock isn't designed for
      > them although most of the Märklin stock (German outline etc) will handle
      > it just fine. 145mm curves look silly either way but can always be hidden.
      >
      > If you only have 14 inches then you have a problem unless you can perhaps
      > extend the ends out a bit more.
      >
      > Alan

      Maybe a streetcar design could work, rokuhan even goes down to 45 mm
      radius but that looks absurd even for streetcars.
      Problem is that there is not much roling stock for streetcars, the
      marklin railbus comes closest but I doubt it would make it around the 45
      mm curves, it might work on the rokuhan 95 mm curves but there is no
      garantee.

      Andre
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic