73612RE: CAD Layout Design Program

  • ellgeib
    Nov 27, 2013

      For those using Macs, the program RailModeller by MacRailSoft is excellent. http://www.railmodeller.com/ It can be downloaded and tried for free. A purchase unlocks a number of things, EUR 29, USD 39. It has track libraries for slot cars and model railroads. Track elements are available in all scales that match  the commercial track. In Z-scale, it has the full set for Marklin and for Roukan. The company continually updates the program and supported track systems. In my experience the company has responded quickly to questions. There is a short video tutorial showing how easy the program is to use.

      Ell Geib

      ---In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, <zbarr474@...> wrote:

      Can someone tell me the name of the CAD program that is supposed to be the "best".  I think there is a freebee one and one that has a moderate charge.

      Many thanks.

      ...don
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic