73599Re: [Z_Scale] Double slip turnout "handedness"

  • tpalex
    Nov 23, 2013
      Ok thank you but, for example: I have a Left Hand set but the 2 cut
      tracks from the Right Hand set, what prevents me to use
      them on the "crossing" line ends? Is it a matter of orientation respect
      to what? :(

      Alex

      On 23/11/2013 13:10, Alan Cox wrote:
      > On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 12:20:16 +0100
      > tpalex <tpalex@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I don't get it yet :)
      >>
      >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwrKnw4dOyE
      >>
      >> Is this one Left or Right hand? Which different behavior should I
      >> expect for the other "hand"?
      > See the two links I posted earlier. The difference is in the two extra
      > tracks you get with the product not with the actual crossing element
      > itself. Those need to be different depending which way your crossing is
      > oriented for something like a branch line coming off a mainline or a
      > crossing through three lines.
      >
      > As I said earlier...
      >
      >>> Think carefully about how it fits together. For a "left hand" you need
      >>> the short two tracks trimmed on one side, for a "right hand" you need the
      >>> trimming the other way. In the Märklin case the geometry difference is in
      >>> the point but in the Rokuhan case its in the 'cut' tracks - but you still
      >>> have the handedness there.
      >>>
      >>> See the page on 1999 which explains this.
      >>>
      >>> http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10248856
      >>>
      >>> compare
      >>>
      >>> http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10248857
      >>>
      > Don't look at the crossing piece in the picture look at the two trimmed
      > tracks.
      >
      > Alan

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic