73598Re: [Z_Scale] Double slip turnout "handedness"

  • Alan Cox
    Nov 23, 2013
      On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 12:20:16 +0100
      tpalex <tpalex@...> wrote:

      > I don't get it yet :)
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwrKnw4dOyE
      >
      > Is this one Left or Right hand? Which different behavior should I
      > expect for the other "hand"?

      See the two links I posted earlier. The difference is in the two extra
      tracks you get with the product not with the actual crossing element
      itself. Those need to be different depending which way your crossing is
      oriented for something like a branch line coming off a mainline or a
      crossing through three lines.

      As I said earlier...

      > > Think carefully about how it fits together. For a "left hand" you need
      > > the short two tracks trimmed on one side, for a "right hand" you need the
      > > trimming the other way. In the Märklin case the geometry difference is in
      > > the point but in the Rokuhan case its in the 'cut' tracks - but you still
      > > have the handedness there.
      > >
      > > See the page on 1999 which explains this.
      > >
      > > http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10248856
      > >
      > > compare
      > >
      > > http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10248857

      Don't look at the crossing piece in the picture look at the two trimmed
      tracks.

      Alan
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic