    Oct 5, 2013
      Be careful if you use an N scale insulated joiner as the Rokuhan metal rail joiner/track clip is a "packaged unit" that locks the joiner and clip together. The N scale insulated joiner is probably "thicker" than the Rokuhan metal joiner. As a result the rails MIGHT hump up which MIGHT cause derailments. You MIGHT want to use just the N scale insulated rail joiner without the Rokuhan track clip. The thickness on the top of the insulated N scale rail joiner that gives the gap MIGHT result in a similar gap on the opposite side or a slight angle when the two pieces of track are pushed together. I have NOT tried this - just thinking out loud.
      Lindley Ruddick

      On Oct 5, 2013, at 1:58 PM, Lancaster David <nscaler_55@...> wrote:

      Or a nscale insulated joiner will work.

      From: martin soll <solldesign@...>
      To: z-scale yahoo group <z_scale@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2013 1:41 PM
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Question

      Just getting started on my first Z Scale layout (I built a test track, but no layout). I think I have everything I need to get started with Rokuhan track EXCEPT, insulated rail joiners for DC blocks. I looked at the  Rokuhan website, and the only insulated joiner shown insulates both rails for a reversing loop.

      QUESTION: What is the best method to break the continuity on just one rail?

      Marty in Estacada, Oregon

    • Show all 64 messages in this topic