      If it is that dead slow, running it at the higher 9 volts is *very* stressful on the motor and will cause it to over heat. You can't feel a cordless motor's heat on the outside (of the shell) like an old Can or classic Permanent magnet motor.

      Jeff

      Sent 'from the road'

      On Oct 2, 2013, at 8:24 PM, "Loren Snyder" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

      Try the movie line from Forrest Gump........ "Run Forrest  run"  Just let it run for a while in both directions.  If that doesn't work, then the issue is something else.  Try running it first for a while.  It should speed up.

      Loren

      -------Original Message-------

      Date: 10/2/2013 8:05:16 PM
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Micro-Trains GP-9

      Hey Folks,

      It has been a long time since I posted. Hope all is well with everyone. I just got a hold of a MTL GP-9 (I would have preferred an AZL but they don't cover my railroads). Out of the box and on the MTL track it is as slow as molasses at 9V. I loosened the body frame screws a bit thinking that would help. My 2 MTL F7s can run circles around this Geep! Any suggestions or is it just a breaking in issue? Thanks!

      Eric

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: