73162Re: Rokuhan News

  • Garth
    Aug 6, 2013
      There is a number who are interested in the Japanese prototype even if it just as a parts source for other Z scale projects. Sales are stronger in Europe than in North America, Rokuhan has not given up on North America yet. They have put considerable in development in Japan and that is paying off, and Toytec Rokuhan's parent is doing well in the toy market so they are creating funds for further Z development.

      without that interest,here in Tenshodo and Rokuhan, there would be no reason for Rokuhan to consider doing anything North American.

      There was allot going on behind the scenes at Atlanta and I think it is now a case of when Rokuhan does something North American not "IF" aside from that I can say no more. The video of the their new EF66 shows they have produced an engine with some muscle which bodes well for anything they do for US market. I am still pushing for a dummy knuckle to replace the Rapido, which is the standard for the Japanese Market, and I am pretty sure that is in development now.

      as to the 113 add on cars the 4 car set has the extra motor car and and come in it a book case sleeve. the 2 extra cars, will fit into the bookcase sleeve for the original 4 car set. So still eleven cars with 2 power cars available soon.

      regards Garth

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "ronaldjhurley" <rhurley@...> wrote:

      > Garth,
      >
      > With respect, and I do mean respect as you dispense wonderful advice about our favorite scale, but how many American Z scalers care about Japanese rail stock?
      >
      > Rokuhan has done a great job with track and hopefully their talents will be applied to producing U.S. prototypes.
      >
      > Please, no offense intended, but Japanese rolling stock must be a tiny market here.
      >
      > ron
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Garth" <garth.a.hamilton@> wrote:
      > >
      > > http://www.rokuhan.com/english/news/2013/08/release-of-113-series-extension-set.html
      > >
      > > The above link shows a video of the additional cars in sets of 2 and 5 that will be available starting in September in Japan for e their 113-2000 Shonan colour of Japan West and Yokosuka 113-1500 colour scheme of Japan West, allowing one to create a complete eleven car train in either colour scheme. In the 2 care add on sets one car is a second powered car. All cars can be lit with the addition of their A009 lighting kit.
      > >
      > > cheerz Garth

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic