73106Re: AZL July 2013 New Release – Part 2 Mikados!

  • Garth
    Jul 26, 2013
      Reynad;

      I figure if the Mikado can run on the Golden Blackhawk and Central City loop I was using and that it ran on curves which were down to 145mm and with Marklin turnouts some 15 years old and two Marklin double slips and a variety of Micro trains Peco and Marklin flex, and Marklin adjustable track over module junctions which made a hump at most of the joints, and the pilot wheels stayed on the track, then the pilot truck design is optimal for performance. If you have problems with this engines pilot wheel coming off the track then look to your track work not the engine.

      From my experience I expect this engine to perform like the Tenshodo D51's if not better. On good track work they will run like a Swiss watch, once started they won't stop till the power is removed from the rail or someone knocks it over.

      I want to try a K28 conversion for Nn3 with one of these, I still have one virgin kit left in my special projects box.

      regards Garth