73102Re: AZL July 2013 New Release – Part 2 Mikados!

  • Garth
    Jul 25 1:54 PM
      The only turnout that caused the any trouble with the AZL Mikado was the Marklin double slip ones and there were two in the loop I ran it on. I am not sure if it was too tight a back to back on the drivers or what but going through the metal diamond on that turnout slowed the engine down like it was on a grade. Dave's layout has quite a few ups and downs at junctions of each section of the layout and they caused no trouble to this engine. I only had one time the pilot derailed and I found that the track was kinked at the rail joiner on the inside of a curve tightening the radius and the pilot wheel flange hit the end of the rail and bounced over it and once that was fixed it did not cause a problem again during the four hours I ran it. Good speed control from slow to fast.

      regards Garth