72963Re: Kato Controller

  • Garth
    Jun 24 8:49 AM
      The Rokuhan controllers go down to zero volts and I find they do fine for slow speed operation even on their own engines which are jack rabbits. I like the C001 better than the C002, basically I think it is the bigger box. basic difference is C001 does not have the constant lighting circuit in it and the C002 does and the upgraded version of C001 the C003 will have constant lighting in it. So far I have not seen any heating on the Marklin engines (steamers ) that I run using on Rokuhan controllers with constant lighting. The biggest difference is that the C001 and C002 have higher current capacity so when running muliple engines particularly the F7's I do not trip the breaker which happens sometimes with 3 F7's on a C002 controller. However the best slow speed controllers are the Medvend ones and Joeger ones. The AJoeger ones are still available in Europe via the internet and the Medvend ones are found in several places from Z scale internet vendors here in North America as well as in Europe.

      regards Garth