      From: mark2playz <mark.markham@...>
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:27 AM
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Kato Controller

      Hi,
      The short answer is no. Depending on the loco you have, 8-9 VDC is maximum. The Marklin controller has a minimum voltage of about 3 V, which is a bit high for slow speeds. If you check the files section of the group, you'll find a diagram for a voltage dropping circuit that can be use to lower either the minimum voltage of the Marklin unit or the high voltagw of the Kato unit.
      I've been using a PWM unit called "The Snail" that is built for Z scale and allows for really low speeds.
      Hope this helps,

      Mark